No announcement yet.

Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Wycheck threw the lateral on the final play of the 1999 playoff game against the Bills that was dubbed "The Music City Miracle."

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mike D’Amato, former Jets defensive back and member of the team that won Super Bowl III , died in late November. He was 80 years old.​ RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Frank Ryan, former quarterback for the Rams and Browns who led the Browns to their last NFL title in 1964 has died at age 87.RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Norm Snead, former quarterback and 4 time Pro Bowler who played 16 years mostly with the Redskins, Eagles, and Giants has died at age 84. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rich Caster, a 3x Pro Bowl WR/TE for 4 teams, primarily the NY Jets, from 1970-1983, died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• Golden Richards, a WR whose most famous play was a TD catch on a gadget play in Super Bowl XII, died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Andy Russell, former Steelers linebacker, 7 time Pro Bowler, and member of the Steelers first two Super Bowl champion teams has died at age 82. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Legendary ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortensen died this morning of cancer at age 72. RIP.

Comment

• Wayne Wilson, a RB primarily for the Saints from 1979-1987, died at age 66. RIP.

Comment

• Jeff Jaeger, a placekicker from 1987-1999 primarily for the LA Raiders, died at age 59. RIP.

Comment

• Vontae Davis, a Pro Bowl cornerback with the Dolphins, Bills & Colts, was found dead in his house at the age of 35. RIP.

Comment

• Mike Kolen, a linebacker on the 1972 undefeated Dolphins team who played for them for 7 seasons, died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• OJ Simpson, one of the greatest RBs in NFL and NCAA history who became better known for the murders of his wife and Ron Goldman, has died at age 76.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              OJ Simpson, one of the greatest RBs in NFL and NCAA history who became better known for the murders of his wife and Ron Goldman, has died at age 76.
                              Oh no! Anyway...
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• O.J. tried to call Bob Costas from the Bronco that evening.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X