• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    Do Worley or Volquez go for $1?
    In NL-only, no.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      I actually really like AJ Burnett this year, although 12-team mixed you may not need to go that deep.
      Do Worley or Volquez go for $1?
      Not if I am in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Garrett Richards (LAA) - great stuff that hasn't translated into Ks yet. Needs a way into the rotation but the skills are worth a buck.
        Given Weaver is back does Richards get bumped from the rotation? Is he worth hanging onto if you need pitching starts this week and beyond?

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
          Given Weaver is back does Richards get bumped from the rotation? Is he worth hanging onto if you need pitching starts this week and beyond?

Williams has some health issues. I think he is the one getting bumped.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Williams has some health issues. I think he is the one getting bumped.
            Thanks - I will hang onto him through tmrw's FAAB then and hope he gets the start vs LAD over the weekend.

Comment

props to DMT for the McDonald mention.

my 29th-year archrival was the only other guy in end-game with a pitching opening and an extra buck, so I called McDonald's name and directly asked my rival if he wanted to buy for $2.

"no thanks," he said.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

In my 13 team NL only league I drafted McDonald last year for $10 and traded him in a dump deal going for a title. The owner didn't keep him and I drafted him again this year for $4. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

lol
                  that feels so true

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

good call on McDonald jink by elDiablo.....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                      Roy Oswalt - F
                      Chris Sale - A+
                      Aroldis Chapman - A+
                      Mike Minor - C
                      Julio Teheran - I
                      Randall Delgado - D
                      Ryan Dempster - A
                      Chad Billingsley - B
                      Scott Baker - Injured
                      Brad Peacock - F
                      Henderson Alvarez - F
                      Kevin Slowey - F
                      Homer Bailey - B
                      Edinson Volquez - B
                      I'm happy with my dart throws, but I actually did better scraping up people's drops than I did in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                        I'm happy with my dart throws, but I actually did better scraping up people's drops than I did in the draft.
                        Mike Minor's last five starts: 31 IP, 1.78 ERA, .792 WHIP and 27 K. He seems to have done something different recently. Perhaps that's why you are giving someone with a 5 ERA for the season a C and not an F. His WHIP for the season is 1.286 which is pretty good considering the ERA.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          The only ones you hit on were the ones that weren't $1 pitchers.
                          Players drafted after round 20 or cheaply in auction - Sale, Dempster, Capuano, Harrison, Billingsley, Samardzjia, Niese, Aroldis, Homer

Players picked up in season - Minor, Fister, J Mac, Samardjia, Lynn, Milone, Burnett, Dickey. Happ was nice for a while too.

I'm happy with the results.

FWIW, I did give Minor a C because of his recent performances. I drafted and dropped him in a few leagues, but picked up him back up around July 4 - whenever the game against the Yanks was. Watched and he did real well early then ended up with a blah stat line after getting squeezed on a couple of pitches in the 6th. Looked like the light had turned on. Overall, my stats with Minor for the season are decent, I missed a lot of his struggles but can't ignore them which is why I gave him a C. Due to his stats on my team.

Comment

Not too sure what your problem is.

Comment

Working...
                            X