Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaws Booted Off MNF

Deadspin:

"Have you ever dreamed of what the Monday Night Football Booth might sound like without Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden egging each other on reach to new and disturbing levels of sycophantic guffawing? I have. Oh, how I've dreamed of a sensibly assembled two-man MNF booth featuring Mike Tirico bitching out the refs alongside QB Camp Gruden instead of Idiot Gruden. And now, at long last ... that dream has come to pass! In a rare convergence of political maneuvering and common sense, the ENTERTAINMENT SPORTS PROGRAMMING NETWORK has kicked Jaws out of the MNF booth. Leave it to ESPN to phrase a demotion as a "new, expanded, multiplatform role":

Ron Jaworski has signed a five-year extension with ESPN for a new, expanded multiplatform NFL analyst role that includes appearances on Sunday NFL Countdown, Monday Night Countdown, NFL Matchup, NFL-branded specials, Mike & Mike in the Morning, Pardon the Interruption, and other platforms and shows throughout the year. Also, ESPN's Monday Night Football will have a new two-person commentator team for the first time during the 2012 NFL season with Mike Tirico and analyst Jon Gruden."

It's about getting laid off
    It's about waiting in the unemployment line
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

MNF tolerated Howard Cosell and Don Merideth for so many years. They will find some other means to torture us.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        MNF tolerated Howard Cosell and Don Merideth for so many years.
        Not to mention Joe Theisman and Paul McGuire.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          MNF tolerated Howard Cosell and Don Merideth for so many years. They will find some other means to torture us.

J
          Please...those two are what enabled MNF to be so successful for years.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Not to mention Joe Theisman and Paul McGuire.
            I see we've all erased the Dennis Miller era from our collective memory.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Please...those two are what enabled MNF to be so successful for years.
              It's so rare that I agree with Horns that I have to point out that the guy is absolutely right here.
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Working...
              X