Thomas the Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I have friends from high school who I still see and consider my closest friends, but we disagree on several things I can thing of with religion being the the first.
    They're not down with Otterism?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

We're overlooking one angle here:

Goalies are weird. Really weird. All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        They're not down with Otterism?
        Surprisingly, no...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          We're overlooking one angle here:

Goalies are weird. Really weird. All of them.
          That's actually a really good point. Goalies are incredibly odd.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

The fact that they choose to have a hard rubber disc shot at them upwards of 100 MPH makes that obvious
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Goalies are very often the best interviews, as are catchers - because they each are so intensely engaged in the game, I suppose.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                That's actually a really good point. Goalies are incredibly odd.
                Yep. I was a goalie in hockey and soccer. I wonder if that makes me doubly weird.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Goalies are very often the best interviews

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Yep. I was a goalie in hockey and soccer. I wonder if that makes me doubly weird.
                    Umm...well...er...these reasons would be....uh....further down on my BuckyBuckner list...just sayin.

I mean how does this sound?

Bob Kohm and Gregg having coffee after church:

Bob Kohm: "Boy that BuckyBuckner is a nice guy but he sure is weird."

Gregg: "Yeah we finally agree on something."

Bob Kohm: "I bet it is because he played goalie in both soccer and hockey."

Gregg: " No his weirdness transcends the goalie theory."

Bob Kohm: "No it doesn't and you are an idiot."

Gregg: "Let us pray."
                    ]

Comment

Goalie: It make me sick. My allergy, puke every time, bleugh! Like that, puke.
                      Paul Newman: You're a goalie. You're supposed to be like that.
                      ..it would be weird if universes become parallel instead of starting off that way. like, God is watching our universe on TV. and then something really weird happens and he's like, 'well that doesn't seem very believable' and changes the channel and we become a parallel universe or channel instead of the main one.

..what was the deal with Delonte West not going to the White House? first he said he was banned then the secret service said he wasn't. im inclined to believe the secret service. imo the universe is getting weirder or more parallel.

instead of Schrödinger's Cat, use a Hockey anology. is the puck in the net or did the goalie make the save? what if the puck can be inside the net and still out on the ice at the same time? what if, by checking to see, the goalie causes one of the results to be true.

quantum physics and hockey suddenly seems more fun than football.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Umm...well...er...these reasons would be....uh....further down on my BuckyBuckner list...just sayin.

]
                        Haha, too funny Gregg.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

]
                          I don't think Bob would call you an idiot to your face. He'd probably stop at imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            ..it would be weird if universes become parallel instead of starting off that way. like, God is watching our universe on TV. and then something really weird happens and he's like, 'well that doesn't seem very believable' and changes the channel and we become a parallel universe or channel instead of the main one.

..what was the deal with Delonte West not going to the White House? first he said he was banned then the secret service said he wasn't. im inclined to believe the secret service. imo the universe is getting weirder or more parallel.

instead of Schrödinger's Cat, use a Hockey anology. is the puck in the net or did the goalie make the save? what if the puck can be inside the net and still out on the ice at the same time? what if, by checking to see, the goalie causes one of the results to be true.

quantum physics and hockey suddenly seems more fun than football.
                            This is way more serious thought than Tim Thomas deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              instead of Schrödinger's Cat, .
                              I changed the name of my fantasy football team to Schrödinger's Otters this year and finished third! First time in the money in a while!

Comment

]
                                That was a definite LOL.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X