Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Mock Draft #1 - Discussion Thread

Discuss draft picks here.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Those posting your rosters we only do 1 C in this league.

Remember to PM the person after you so we can keep this moving. Also try to subscribe to the draft thread so you see the draft picks. Also it will also help you in knowing when it is your turn.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      Those posting your rosters we only do 1 C in this league.

Remember to PM the person after you so we can keep this moving. Also try to subscribe to the draft thread so you see the draft picks. Also it will also help you in knowing when it is your turn.
      So why does YOUR roster have 2 "C's" (and co-ownership of Matt Kemp?) A little cut/paste no editing????
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
        So why does YOUR roster have 2 "C's" (and co-ownership of Matt Kemp?) A little cut/paste no editing????
        And why does your roster have no catchers? =)

Comment

I drafted from the third spot last year and went with Hanley. That didn't work out so well, so let's hope that Tulo maintains his stellar peak this year.

Comment

Looking at my team last year...

Felix round 1- he was good, not great
            Prince round 2- outstanding
            Bruce round 3 - .256-32hr-8sb... little disappointing
            B Phillips round 4- .300-18-14, very good
            Oswalt round 5- disappointing
            Sandoval round 6- .315-23-70 in 114 games, probably about right
            Rivera round 7- awesome

Sizemore round 8 - ugh
            Morrow round 9 - 179 IP, 200+ Ks, good WHIP, bad ERA, overall pretty OK
            Colvin round 10 - shoot me now
            H Matsui round 11 - apparently this was a bad range for outfielders

Erick Aybar round 12 - .279, 30 SB, 10 HR, I think that's a nice pick here
            F Gutierrez round 13 - yes I really did assemble an all-time bad outfield
            Mike Aviles round 14 - didn't really work out

RA Dickey round 15 - 200 IP, 3.28 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 130 Ks, outstanding
            Brandon League round 16 - yeah baby
            Chris Sale round 17 - only 8 saves, but good Ks

Lorenzo Cain round 18 - outfielders again, yeesh
            Russell Martin round 19 - worked out pretty well
            Joaquin Benoit round 20 - didn't get saves but solid ratios

Randy Wells round 21 - 4.99 ERA and lots of injuries
            Russell Branyan round 22- not good either

Comment

I just went back and looked at my draft last year and it was AWFUL. By far my best pick was Allen Craig in the second reserve round. Getting Hanrahan in the 14th was good too. All the other closers were drafted by the 11th round.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                Yeah very busy here at work. We had a layoff on Friday and still sorting through the mess. Lost 11 people out of my group and my best buddy here at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  Yeah very busy here at work. We had a layoff on Friday and still sorting through the mess. Lost 11 people out of my group and my best buddy here at work.
                  sorry Piney. Glad you werent one of them but my heart goes out to those who were let go.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by braveshots View Post
                    And why does your roster have no catchers? =)
                    Passed balls aren't a roto stat?????

oops ......
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      sorry Piney. Glad you werent one of them but my heart goes out to those who were let go.
                      Thanks Pete. Yeah I was nervous since my former parent company (CSC) put on the list twice before. Guess someone likes me here now. Weird was my manager of 3 baselines I am tech lead over got cut. His best friend whom he got a job here 4 years ago took over his work. Saw him over the weekend and I was told I am safe. They want me to take over the total lead job when our guru retires in about 5 years. Nice to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Getting Hanrahan in the 14th was good too.
                        One of my worst moves was guessing wrong on the PIT closer situation and taking Meek instead of Hanrahan when both were on the board.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          One of my worst moves was guessing wrong on the PIT closer situation and taking Meek instead of Hanrahan when both were on the board.
                          Not that it made any difference on my team but thanks. I really want to do better this year. I usually like to be cute about it and try to draft all left handed starters. I think one year I managed to get 9 left handed pitchers with a few closers. Yup, 2009;

Hamels,Cole
                          Kazmir,Scott
                          Fuentes,Brian
                          Kershaw,Clayton
                          Rodriguez,Wandy
                          Buehrle,Mark
                          Sherrill,George
                          Miller,Andrew
                          Grabow,John

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            Not that it made any difference on my team but thanks. I really want to do better this year. I usually like to be cute about it and try to draft all left handed starters. I think one year I managed to get 9 left handed pitchers with a few closers. Yup, 2009;

Hamels,Cole
                            Kazmir,Scott
                            Fuentes,Brian
                            Kershaw,Clayton
                            Rodriguez,Wandy
                            Buehrle,Mark
                            Sherrill,George
                            Miller,Andrew
                            Grabow,John
                            Yeah, you wish Kershaw was your SP4 this year! But If you want to recreate it with Kazmir as SP2, I encourage you. I promise I won't draft him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                              Yeah, you wish Kershaw was your SP4 this year! But If you want to recreate it with Kazmir as SP2, I encourage you. I promise I won't draft him.
                              Technically Kershaw was SP3 as Fuentes was my top closer, but I still don't see that happening. I think I'll pass on Kazmir, thanks. It looks like I even managed to have only lefties all year long and I finished 5th overall.

Code:
                              Player          IP      W       SV      K       ERA     WHIP
                              Mark Buehrle 	213.1 	13 	0 	105 	3.84 	1.25
                              Brian Duensing 	84.0 	5 	0 	53 	3.64 	1.37
                              Brian Fuentes 	55.0 	1 	48 	46 	3.93 	1.40
                              John Grabow 	72.1 	3 	0 	57 	3.36 	1.41
                              Cole Hamels 	193.2 	10 	0 	168 	4.32 	1.29
                              Scott Kazmir 	147.1 	10 	0 	117 	4.89 	1.42
                              C Kershaw 	171.0 	8 	0 	185 	2.79 	1.23
                              Wade LeBlanc 	46.1 	3 	0 	30 	3.69 	1.17
                              W Rodriguez 	205.2 	14 	0 	193 	3.02 	1.24
                              G Sherrill 	69.0 	1 	21 	61 	1.70 	1.12
                              Jeremy Sowers 	123.1 	6 	0 	51 	5.25 	1.51
                              Barry Zito 	192.0 	10 	0 	154 	4.03 	1.35

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X