2K12: Closers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Guerra and Guerrier sounds like a cheese plate.

Does anyone have a clue which of the Rangers three aging closers actually closes?

J
    I assume it is Nathan. I didn't think there was any question about that being their plan when they brought him in. Of course, the best laid plans and all....spring training may change things. (I have Nathan and Adams cheap so I'll be watching closely).

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Guerra and Guerrier sounds like a cheese plate.

Does anyone have a clue which of the Rangers three aging closers actually closes?

J
      There should be no question that it's Nathan unless he gets hurt. He actually had an amazing second half of 2K11.

Comment

With Bailey in beantown, who closes for the A's? Fuentes? Balfour? someone not on the team yet???
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

With the Red Sox out of the picture, it's even more apparent that Ryan Madson really overplayed his hand with the Phillies. He's going to be left without a dance partner.

Maybe he'll look for a one-year deal and try again next year? Of course, if he had accepted arbitration with the Phils, he'd probably have secured a decent one-year number.

Comment

I could see Cincinnati as a team that steps up to sign Madson. Marshall can handle the job but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to improve.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
              With the Red Sox out of the picture, it's even more apparent that Ryan Madson really overplayed his hand with the Phillies. He's going to be left without a dance partner.

Maybe he'll look for a one-year deal and try again next year? Of course, if he had accepted arbitration with the Phils, he'd probably have secured a decent one-year number.
              He's still got a shot to make some decent coin with the Angels (who apparently aren't completely satisfied with Walden for whatever reason). And you never know what Kenny Williams is going to do (seriously, would it shock anyone if he signed Madson at this point?) The Reds are still looking, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                With Bailey in beantown, who closes for the A's? Fuentes? Balfour? someone not on the team yet???
                From RotoWorld:

A's assistant GM David Forst said Wednesday that Grant Balfour, Fautino De Los Santos and Joey Devine will compete for the team's opening at closer.
                Oakland traded closer Andrew Bailey to the Red Sox on Wednesday evening as part of a five-player swap. Balfour seems the likeliest candidate to win the job out of spring training given his age and potential value as a mid-season trade chip, but De Los Santos is a young arm worth monitoring. The 25-year-old may be worth a flier in drafts next spring.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I remember when Fautino De Los Santos was a highly regarded SP prospect in the White Sox organization 4-5 years ago. Then he was traded and proceeded to blow out his arm. Haven't following him since the injury but glad to see he's resurfaced into potential fantasy relevance.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                    I remember when Fautino De Los Santos was a highly regarded SP prospect in the White Sox organization 4-5 years ago. Then he was traded and proceeded to blow out his arm. Haven't following him since the injury but glad to see he's resurfaced into potential fantasy relevance.
                    He's still got tons of stuff in a reliever role, but I'm not sure he knows where the ball is going half the time.

Comment

Next spreadsheet for the junkies to rank.

Rank away:
                      Sheet1 Closer,Revo 1/4,Big Tymer 12/29,Erik 12/30,AVG 1,KIMBREL,1,1,3,1.7 2,PAPELBON,3,2,1,2.0 3,RIVERA,2,3,2,2.3 4,B. WILSON,4,7,4,5.0 5,H. BELL,5,4,11,6.7 6,AXFORD,7,5,9,7.0 7,STOREN,8,6,10,8.0 8,PUTZ,9,8,12,9.7 8,HANRAHAN,10,14,5,9.7 8,VALVERDE,13,10,6,9.7 11,LEAGUE,12,15,7,11.3 12,MARMOL,16,...

<iframe width='500' height='300' frameborder='0' src='https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AtYzsaSpZYzCdDBUWUNaRVp WblNPWnN2ZWgtT2VrNkE&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

Comment

The White Sox job appears wide open now. Does anyone think they'll turn to Addison Reed? Kid's been an uber-stud his whole professional career.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          The White Sox job appears wide open now. Does anyone think they'll turn to Addison Reed? Kid's been an uber-stud his whole professional career.
                          Whats the chance that Chris Sale will get it? Or is he definitely in line for a starter's spot?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                            Whats the chance that Chris Sale will get it? Or is he definitely in line for a starter's spot?
                            They've made it clear they want Sale in the rotation, but you never know. I'd think Sale is more valuable as a starter to them (especially with Peavy always dinged up), and if Reed is the real deal -- and with a K/BB ratio of 155/20 in his minor league career, he sure looks it -- they could have themselves another Santos.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              They've made it clear they want Sale in the rotation, but you never know. I'd think Sale is more valuable as a starter to them (especially with Peavy always dinged up), and if Reed is the real deal -- and with a K/BB ratio of 155/20 in his minor league career, he sure looks it -- they could have themselves another Santos.
                              Yeah, that's what I had heard but since I was so totally removed from baseball during football season, I wanted to see if it had changed.

Comment

Ok, any updates on Kenley Jansen in LA and Fernando Salas in StL?

Are these guys the destined closers?

Comment

Working...
                                X