Week 16 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 16 Discussion Thread

a) The Texans are gonna get smoked in the playoffs.

b) Jerome Bogar's crew is abominable.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Could the Vikings possibly get Luck??? Anyone know what the current tiebreaker is?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Tiebreaker is which of tied teams faced the lamest schedule.

This late in the season, it gets easier to tell. If you can't find it somewhere, just add up the W-Ls of the opponents of teams in contention to be worst, and include the last 2 opponents as well (since they'll count eventually).

If it's close, then it depends which opponents have a strong final 2 weeks.

Oddly, I think it doesn't matter if two 2-14 teams played each other, and who won. It's just who had the biggest patsies and still sucked that bad.

If Ponder got a big signing bonus, that can be problematic - sometimes even if you deal someone, you get stuck with the bonus against the cap, I think.

And of course Rams also have 2 wins, with Bradford. What sucks for them here is that the Seahawks and Cardinals - who they play twice - keep piling up Ws, plus there's the 49ers.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Tiebreaker is which of tied teams faced the lamest schedule.

This late in the season, it gets easier to tell. If you can't find it somewhere, just add up the W-Ls of the opponents of teams in contention to be worst, and include the last 2 opponents as well (since they'll count eventually).

If it's close, then it depends which opponents have a strong final 2 weeks.

Oddly, I think it doesn't matter if two 2-14 teams played each other, and who won. It's just who had the biggest patsies and still sucked that bad.

If Ponder got a big signing bonus, that can be problematic - sometimes even if you deal someone, you get stuck with the bonus against the cap, I think.

And of course Rams also have 2 wins, with Bradford. What sucks for them here is that the Seahawks and Cardinals - who they play twice - keep piling up Ws, plus there's the 49ers.
        Well, the good point for the Vikings is that they played the AFC West this season, the bad point is that they play in the NFC central with the Packers and Lions.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

AFC West has closed strong, now has 8-6, 7-7, 7-7, 6-8, and they play each other a lot now.

Colts have fading rivals in their division....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            AFC West has closed strong, now has 8-6, 7-7, 7-7, 6-8, and they play each other a lot now.

Colts have fading rivals in their division....
            True enough...hopefully, the Colts can win out next week against Jacksonville.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I read that if the Colts lose next week vs. JAX, they have the #1 pick, so they must have the worst SOS. But at this point, does anyone expect them to lose to the Jags?

If Minny or STL end up with the #1 pick, they almost certainly would take Luck and deal Ponder/Bradford.

Comment

Here's an amazing stat: the 49ers have not allowed a rushing TD all season -- not even a single 1-yard TD rush -- the longest such game streak in NFL history.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Here's an amazing stat: the 49ers have not allowed a rushing TD all season -- not even a single 1-yard TD rush -- the longest such game streak in NFL history.
                  And Lynch has scored one in 10 straight games...

Comment

Would be a huge, clutch L for the Texans if it keeps Luck out of the division for the next 15 years (assuming he lives up to the hype).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Looks like the tiebreaker favors the Colts if everyone has the same record...the Vikings would be 2nd, and the Rams 3rd. And it also looks like it would be pretty tough for that order to change...the Colts have a 7 game "lead" over Minnesota, and the Vikes have a 5 game "lead" over the Rams.

Selfishly, I would love to see a franchise QB in Minnesota, since the closest we've ever come is Daunte Culpepper, and a well over the hill Favre. Cunningham was great for a season or two, and Tarkington was never the prototype guy to build a team around, despite all his numbers.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Really? HoF Fran Tarkenton... wasn't a guy to build a team around? I mean, I know he never won a SB, but don't you think your expectations might be a tad high there, Horns? lol
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

No...I really don't. Having actually watch the guy play, something that very few on this board can claim, It's my opinion that he built up his stats over time, not because he was dominant.

And you've got to win a title or two to make that franchise QB list...Fran didn't.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

How about Marino?
                            not a franchise QB?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              If Minny or STL end up with the #1 pick, they almost certainly would take Luck and deal Ponder/Bradford.
                              In Minny's case, yes. It's more complicated with STL, though. Bradford was the last #1 overall pick before the rookie salary structure was changed, and his contract is astronomical. No one will want it. They will have a much easier time dealing the pick than Bradford.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X