No announcement yet.

Week 13 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Norv Turner hates me and is allowing my opponent to pile up MJD points and knock me out of the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Because Norv Turner hates me and is allowing my opponent to pile up MJD points and knock me out of the playoffs
      Makes sense to me. I don't like Turner, but I didn't think he was this stupid. Putting your fantasy team in the tank is definitely a step up.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Jeesus, Jacksonville is unwatchable...no wonder they can't sell a ticket. And it's nice to see that they proved that Del Rio was NOT the problem. They're playing with less passion, intensity, and attention to detail than just about any team that I've seen in a long time.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Jeesus, Jacksonville is unwatchable...no wonder they can't sell a ticket. And it's nice to see that they proved that Del Rio was NOT the problem. They're playing with less passion, intensity, and attention to detail than just about any team that I've seen in a long time.
          Del Rio wasnt THE problem but he certainly was A problem. He was a crappy coach.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Del Rio wasnt THE problem but he certainly was A problem. He was a crappy coach.
            OK, I'll bite...tell me who he had to work with other than MJD and a decent offensive line?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

OK, I'll bite...tell me who he had to work with other than MJD and a decent offensive line?
              This year? He didnt have much of anything but the fact is his career record was 68-71 and played in just 3 playoff games in 9 seasons. The Jags havent had a winning season since 07. They havent had great talent but Sims Walker and Torry Holt(even though it was the end of the line) Fred Taylor and David Garrard were all decent. Bottom line is just because he didnt have a ton of talent to work with doesnt mean he gets a pass. He certainly wasnt making them better. I dont hate the guy but this teams offense was always bland and uninspiring. Del Rio wasnt the only problem but he wasnt any good. It was time for a change.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Dear NFL, please do not schedule any primetime games for Jacksonville next year. Thanks.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Dear NFL, please do not schedule any primetime games for Jacksonville next year. Thanks.
                  What ever happened to flex games?

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                    What ever happened to flex games?
                    Those are only for Sunday Night games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      This year? He didnt have much of anything but the fact is his career record was 68-71 and played in just 3 playoff games in 9 seasons. The Jags havent had a winning season since 07. They havent had great talent but Sims Walker and Torry Holt(even though it was the end of the line) Fred Taylor and David Garrard were all decent. Bottom line is just because he didnt have a ton of talent to work with doesnt mean he gets a pass. He certainly wasnt making them better. I dont hate the guy but this teams offense was always bland and uninspiring. Del Rio wasnt the only problem but he wasnt any good. It was time for a change.
                      I think that you made my case for me. Using such mediocrities as Sims-Walker, Garrard, and an over the hill Holt as examples of the talent that Jax had...well. 'Nuff said. Taylor was great for the 8 games a season that he managed to play...but c'mon. The guy had bubkis to work with.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

And good defenses. I do believe Denver is winning with less right now.

Mind you, I think the GM should have been fired with Del Rio. Heck, Jax is so screwed up, I'd probably have fired everyone except the secretaries. But that doesn't mean Del Rio has done a good job. He couldn't develop a QB (and Garrard had some talent), showed little to no inventiveness on offense, and didn't do much to use what talent he had. Were there worse coaches in the NFL during Del Rio's tenure? Sure. Did he do anything to differentiate himself from being a mid-tier coach, at best? No, IMO. Although I did like his suits.

Comment

Jacksonville had a decent defense until last year; that's what kept Del Rio around for as long as he was.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            And good defenses. I do believe Denver is winning with less right now.

Mind you, I think the GM should have been fired with Del Rio. Heck, Jax is so screwed up, I'd probably have fired everyone except the secretaries. But that doesn't mean Del Rio has done a good job. He couldn't develop a QB (and Garrard had some talent), showed little to no inventiveness on offense, and didn't do much to use what talent he had. Were there worse coaches in the NFL during Del Rio's tenure? Sure. Did he do anything to differentiate himself from being a mid-tier coach, at best? No, IMO. Although I did like his suits.
                            The defense, which, BTW, was Del Rio's forte, was indeed the only reason Jax was competitive. Once that was stripped clean, he had nothing, and was given nothing to work with.

Look, I'm not saying Del Rio was a great coach, but given the gutless way the Jags turtled up on Monday, I think he's give far too much of the blame.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The defense, which, BTW, was Del Rio's forte, was indeed the only reason Jax was competitive. Once that was stripped clean, he had nothing, and was given nothing to work with.
                              Oh, I agree the front office ought to be gutted, too. But Del Rio didn't show an ability to improve what he had offensively - and he had more than enough time to figure out that if he couldn't do it, he needed an offensive coordinator who could. There were certainly worse coaches, but given Jax's lack of progress or performance when they did have some assets, I have no issue with Del Rio being held accountable.

Too much of the blame? Maybe so, but such is a coach's life in the NFL, no? Works the other way, too - IMO, Bears coaches get wayyy too much credit while their GM/scouting staff have done exceptionally well.

Comment

Working...
                              X