Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an interesting and amusing story about a HS player w a very unusual name who tried to transfer into a HS in order to play varsity baseball, but was not allowed to, which prompted his father to file lawsuit(s) to allow him to play:

Howard Yee acts like he's trying to become the baseball version of Levar Ball. I expect that we'll be hearing more about this situation.

Comment

• I think this is hilarious:

If you happen to like our videos and have a few bucks to spare to support our efforts, check out our Patreon page where we've got a variety of perks for our ...

Comment

• Great story on Luke Hagerty, a 2002 2nd rd pick of the Chicago Cubs who experienced a severe case of the yips, and after years of training and perseverance, re-discovered his ability and was re-signed by the Cubs at age 37:
        A can't-miss first-round pick with a million-dollar signing bonus until the yips derailed his major league dreams more than a decade ago, Luke Hagerty is proving it's never too late to make it big.

Comment

• a MUST READ from Dave "The Cobra" Parker, a tremendous ballplayer who gives us an inside look -musically and otherwise - about life in baseball in the 1970s and 1980s, and where his life is now.

Parker had some screwups, but don't let that stop you from reading this.

https://tht.fangraphs.com/the-cobra-playlist/
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            a MUST READ from Dave "The Cobra" Parker, a tremendous ballplayer who gives us an inside look -musically and otherwise - about life in baseball in the 1970s and 1980s, and where his life is now.

Parker had some screwups, but don't let that stop you from reading this.

https://tht.fangraphs.com/the-cobra-playlist/
            Thanks for posting. Dave Parker was my favorite Pirate as a kid and i always read anything i can find on him. Now, i'm looking forward to the publishing of his book next year.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• MLB and the Atlantic League have signed an agreement where the Atlantic League will serve as a test ground for potential rule changes to MLB:

The Robo-Umps would call balls and strikes and would be performed via the Trackman system. It also mentioned possibly moving the mound back. It said that this change has been suggested for years but this is the first I've heard anything about it.

Comment

• This was a fun and interesting read:

'It's Enrico Pallazzo!': The inside story of 'The Naked Gun' baseball game

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/n...818oo9waqjyf34

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• http://www.murraychass.com/?p=11928

that's "Tom Seaver and the Portrait of a Perplexing Pitcher" by Martyn Noble, a longtime Mets beat writer.

Mets are changing their stadium address to 41 Seaver Way.

also, 50th anniversary celebration of the Miracle Mets this summer, but Seaver is too far gone with Alzheimer's to attend. this one is worth the read.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    This was a fun and interesting read:

'It's Enrico Pallazzo!': The inside story of 'The Naked Gun' baseball game

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/n...818oo9waqjyf34
                    thanks for posting that, it was indeed a fun read!
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      http://www.murraychass.com/?p=11928

that's "Tom Seaver and the Portrait of a Perplexing Pitcher" by Martyn Noble, a longtime Mets beat writer.

Mets are changing their stadium address to 41 Seaver Way.

also, 50th anniversary celebration of the Miracle Mets this summer, but Seaver is too far gone with Alzheimer's to attend. this one is worth the read.
                      the writer of this one died today in Florida at spring training, a week after this posted. he was 70.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• I enjoyed this take on Marcell Ozuna's defensive prowess yesterday ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• good day to read about the last man ever to wear No. 42 for the Dodgers - yep, it's Ray Lamb

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodge...414-story.html

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• maybe I'm expanding the scope of "interesting baseball reads" with this, but it is interesting!

the Blue Jays scouting report of Griffin Canning last night ...

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              maybe I'm expanding the scope of "interesting baseball reads" with this, but it is interesting!

the Blue Jays scouting report of Griffin Canning last night ...
                              Very interesting indeed. How/where was this published?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Very interesting indeed. How/where was this published?
                                not published - it's an image I came across on reddit ... I think it was taken by someone sitting above the dugout; amazing what hi-res phone cameras are capable of these days!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X