Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Diego Padres 2012-Does it really matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Good stuff. If Everth proves to be a good fielder in the long run that'll be excellent news for his owners. Everyone's always stoked to have some MI speed on the cheap.
    Speed is just like power in two respects. One, you find yourself chasing it, much to the detriment of BA/OBP; and Two, it doesn't much matter where it comes from as long as it comes from somewhere. If I get my power from the MI guys and my speed from the corners, what's the difference?
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

• Just wanted to point out that a Padre leads the league in RBI this late in the year.

I'll eat some crow on Headley, I didn't think he'd develop the way he has. Sign him to a deal now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
        Just wanted to point out that a Padre leads the league in RBI this late in the year.

I'll eat some crow on Headley, I didn't think he'd develop the way he has. Sign him to a deal now.
        Barf... I traded him away a month ago. Owned him for several years of modest production (usually middling-to-poor BA, mid-teens HR, and 15 SB). Where did THIS come from? I know he was highly touted, but is this a fluke or a sign of things to come?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Barf... I traded him away a month ago. Owned him for several years of modest production (usually middling-to-poor BA, mid-teens HR, and 15 SB). Where did THIS come from? I know he was highly touted, but is this a fluke or a sign of things to come?
          Yeah, it's like a light has come on and he's completely figured it out. Even his minor league stats would not have predicted this kind of power. I had him ticketed for a year in-year out .275 avg, 12-15 homer, 70 RBI career.

By all accounts, he's a tireless worker and become a respected clubhouse guy. I'd expect him to be a .285/25/90 guy now.

His "arrival" has made it interesting with Gyrko on the horizon

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
            Yeah, it's like a light has come on and he's completely figured it out. Even his minor league stats would not have predicted this kind of power. I had him ticketed for a year in-year out .275 avg, 12-15 homer, 70 RBI career.

By all accounts, he's a tireless worker and become a respected clubhouse guy. I'd expect him to be a .285/25/90 guy now.

His "arrival" has made it interesting with Gyrko on the horizon
            Funny you mention that. I have Gyorko too. Hope he pans out next year.

Comment

• Padres sweep the Cards for the 1st time in 17 years and now sit 6 1/2 back in the WC standings.

WTF is going on?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Quentin done for the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
                  Quentin done for the year?
                  no but he's not a dependable start--2-4 starts a week thats all Id expect
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Entering today, Street and Gregerson combined had allowed 5 ER in 68.3 IP for me this year

today - 5 ER in 1 IP for the duo

#fockme
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                    X