Snow on trick or treat day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow on trick or treat day!!

Come on now!! There's about two inches of snow on the ground and it's still snowing...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Naw. We have frost warnings though. Its the annual climate change.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

70 in Illinois, 69 tomorrow, Monday 74 and sunny.

Comment

Slush/sleet in South Jersey right now, supposed to change to snow later this afternoon. Anywhere from 1 to 6 inches depending on who you believe. Up at my house in NW NJ (where we return on Tuesday night), we're supposed to get 6-10 inches.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

There's a couple of inches here in north Jersey (first time ever for this particular area, I think), and the roads are kind of nasty. Plus people aren't doing a good job of cleaning their rear windshields - possibly because they don't have a snow remover in their car because....... IT'S OCTOBER!

5 to 8 inches expected - which will melt at 43 degrees and sunny tomorrow, then in the 50s for the rest of the week. Weird. We usually don't get snow until December, and sometimes not til January.
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-29-2011, 12:09 PM.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            70 in Illinois, 69 tomorrow, Monday 74 and sunny.

Oops. Wrong zip code. How about sunny and 51 all three days.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              There's a couple of inches here in north Jersey (first time ever for this particular area, I think), and the roads are kind of nasty. Plus people aren't doing a good job of cleaning their rear windshields - possibly because they don't have a snow remover in their car because....... IT'S OCTOBER!

5 to 8 inches expected - which will melt at 43 degrees and sunny tomorrow, then in the 50s for the rest of the week. Weird. We usually don't get snow until December, and sometimes not til January.
              Yep, I already shoveled, brushed the snow off the pumpkins, and decided not to go to the Rutgers-WVU game because of this crappy weather.

Comment

Just got my power back after 6 hours, I'll take it.

Last I heard, 1.7 million+ lost power in the northeast today.
                The whammy is this is still fall foliage season, so the snow plus the leaves knocks down branches and therefore power lines.
                And while the roads are well-plowed (and pretty easily, with this fairly weak though deep snow), the downed branches close down highway lanes in many spots, so you get bad traffic tieups even with clear roads.

By post-school day Halloween Monday, meanwhile, I'm not sure there will be any snow left at all...
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Our power went out midday Saturday. My parents, who live six blocks away, had power Saturday night, but huge tree limbs blocking the driveway and the front porch. They were out of town until yesterday, so I pushed the brush away enough to get my family into the house. Then my parents power cut off at 7am yesterday, so we spent most of Sunday running errands out of county where the power was still on. Luckily, my parents' power was back by around 6:00pm yesterday, although my house is still out. And no commuter trains today because of the combination of down power lines and trees across tracks. Unreal. We'll see what sort of Halloween night can be mustered up for the kids this evening. I think Marlee's young enough to not miss trick or treating if we don't do it. Her preschool/day care was open today, so she'll get a Halloween parade there.

Comment

Raining here all day today with a blustery wind

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Yep, I already shoveled, brushed the snow off the pumpkins, and decided not to go to the Rutgers-WVU game because of this crappy weather.
                      Wimp....those are the best games

Comment

Gonna be about 82 today, should be 60 something around trick or treating time

Oh and Sunny of course
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Just got power back after losing it at 1:30 on Saturday. Look forward to trick or treating tonight (despite the snow on the ground).

Comment

We got about 6-8" of wet, heavy snow at my house...lost power Saturday night (midnight to about 11am yesterday) but 30-45 minutes NW of us, in the Bridgton area of Maine, they got 16-20" of snow!! ::shudder::
                            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Huge trees down everywhere - many roads not passable - There have been no signs of the power company either.

We lost power Saturday afternoon (I saw the transformer explode) but still have heat. We have been eating at a friend's house but sleeping at ours.

I don't know anyone in the area that has had power restored yet.

School was closed today for my district and is still closed tomorrow (Tuesday).

Trick or Treating has been postponed and that is a great idea. Many house have no lights and the tree branches are all over the bosky streets.

Comment

Working...
                              X