Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moonlight j, kindly clear out your pm's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moonlight j, kindly clear out your pm's...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

"Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
    ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Comment

Comment

"There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Comment

Somebody had to do it.

Comment

(Juuuuusst kidding!)
                  “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Comment

Before we get too far on this...can someone please enlighten us who have no idea the history of this thread?
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                        Before we get too far on this...can someone please enlighten us who have no idea the history of this thread?
                        Just after midnight, on April, 4 2004 Cobain's Ghost wanted to send MJ a list of minor league players for a draft he had... unfortunately MJ's PM box was full so the message could not be sent. So he started a thread...

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost
                        Title: moonlight j, kindly clear out your pm's...
                        Body:... so i can send you that prospects list you said you'd help me with. thx.
                        After an hour or so EZEagle (whom I miss a lot) posted in it about how he couldn't understand how the post had multiple views... it should have just been a note to MJ and died. He opened the thread to see if there was something more to it, but there wasn't and he was puzzled.

why would 9 people even look at this thread. I thought I was missing something. So I open it to look and nothing. It is just as the thread states. So you would think it would have just 1 view but nope it had 9.
                        MJ then cleared out his PM box and all was right with the world... or was it!?!?

Gregg then took up the cause...
                        It is now up to 40! This has more views than some of the jokes that I have posted, and certainly more responses. I have got to get better writers!

Gregg
                        Solids chimes in with one of the funnier posts I've ever read:
                        I can't help it....I'm a view padder...
                        Four hours after the original post, and a few jokes in between, JGrendel (where did he go?) Bumps the thread and we are off to the races...

140 views, could this be the next cult following? Is this the thread that takes down Blum? Stay tuned.

Gregg
                        Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost
                        this thread has been the highlight of my brief rotojunkie career. how pathetic. i wish i could get this kind of response to my desperate pleas for help in the general fantasy discussion forum.
                        Ghost makes a plea to stop the nonsense:
                        allow me to publicly thank you for all your help. above and beyond the call of duty, to be sure.

ok, the rest of you can quit reading this thread now.
                        and gets rebuffed
                        Originally posted by JGrendel
                        Never!
                        Gregg, JGrendel, steve, Funkley, gris, BC, EZ, and others continued to bump the thread with random comments and jokes... the post totals grew...

Originally posted by Steve
                        Angie Harmon
                        Originally posted by Solids
                        here....with an added 13 views.....
                        Jeez!!! Almost fell to page 2 again....
                        BFly passes JC in post totals..

Ok everyone, lets have moment of silence in honor of B-Fly becoming number 1..........wispersstevestopsnickering.....mmmstopi t......phfftisaidstopit......mmmmphfffttttttbwahah aHAHa...it is not funny it is a serious moment!

I hate that when someone starts a laughing jag in church, at a funeral, during a wedding, or a moment of silence.

Gregg
                        JC questions post padding...

I wonder how many times B-Fly has posted in this thread....
                        BFly defends himself and issues a veiled threat to JC
                        A lot fewer times than the diehards of this thread whose wrath you would undoubtedly incur if you even thought about shutting it down.
                        Steve makes a plea to save the wonderful thread:
                        Please try not to drag this thread down. This is a proud thread! A mighty thread! Posting in this thread is a noble endeavor! This thread is important to national security! This thread is a part of American culture! This thread is....:gettingchokedup:
                        Originally posted by JonCarlos
                        I'm not worried about a little wrath. Besides, who said 'shut down'?
                        Originally posted by NakedRicci
                        Shutting down this thread would be akin to losing Buddy Holly. Several of us would be walking around in a dazed stupor for a day or two.
                        ANGIE HARMON!
                        Oh my God! Steve is Stuart Scott!!! Stu, quit sportscenter and retire to Hell. For our sakes.
                        around page 200, I discovered the thread...

This thread has sure LOST a lot of dignity! And given that it had little to start with, that is REALLY saying something.

COME BACK, GREGG!
                        Soon after the comments became a sort of "say the first thing that comes to your mind when I say..." or maybe sheep and NR was flirting and we all interrupted...

Originally posted by NR
                        4000 posts.... now what do we talk about?
                        Originally posted by Sheep
                        Let's Talk About Sex - Salt-N-Pepa
                        Originally posted by NR
                        Sex (I'm a...) - Berlin
                        Originally posted by sheep
                        I Want Your Sex - George Michael
                        quickly the comments just became pictures... and that's how it's been for the last 5+ years... A thread that should have been 1 post and 1 view now has 10,250 posts and 160,000+ views. It has the second largest post total of any thread on RJ (behind only the epic Vintage Draft IV thread)

Sure it's a ton of post padding, but I've always fealt some of the more sublime humor on RJ was in this thread. Some people put a lot of thought into their posts... good stuff!
                        Last edited by heyelander; 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Top 10 RJ Threads by Reply Total:
                          1) Vintage Draft IV - 10895
                          2) Moonlight J Clear your PMs - 10205
                          3) Anyone Interested in a new Wow - 7883
                          4) VD XII - 7443
                          5) New and Improved Gen Election Thread - 6177
                          6) VD XV - 6048
                          7) VD XIII - 4704
                          8) VD V - 4641
                          9) VD XVI - 3793
                          10) VD XIII - 3206

Comment

Wow. Epic. That is unreal how it just took off organically. Thanks, Heyelander!
                            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                              Wow. Epic. That is unreal how it just took off organically. Thanks, Heyelander!
                              you should sign up for the next vintage draft...

Comment

Working...
                              X