Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty: Black Ops

let's continue this from the old RJ.....

I'm up to Level 46, and my 3 1/2 year old is at Level 24 (I only let him play Combat Training). But man, you should see him play! Kid's a natural.

my 10 year old begs me routinely to buy this.....this is the same kid who asks anyone Asian that comes in our house, "Are you Chinese or Japanese, because I only kill the Japanese because they killed my friend Pvt Wallace".....yea, he's played way too much Call of Duty: World at War. This is the same boy who replies "you know, killing Nazis" when I call from the road asking what he's doing.....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I see Bazkar44 finally made it here....he's my new Black Ops buddy. Too bad he doesn't realize 50% of the time he's playing against my 3-year old!

Funny story about my son.....he used to (and sometimes still) call this game "The Snow Game" because of the snow maps. But I told him the game was called "Call of Duty: Black Ops" so now he calls it "Black Doody."

Comment

CoD: Black Ops name - Beverachi (PS3)

Prestige 1 (level 35)... If you see me in Zombies, that's my boarder, Paul. He plays Zombies all the time... I am more a Team Death Match guy.

Just a note, revo, but if you decide to "prestige", you lose everything (guns, PRO-perks, accessories etc) and it's just like starting over except you can play at the prestige levels in addition to the hardcore, barebones and core levels...

Played for like 8-9 hrs yesterday...played so much I dreamt in Black Ops mode lol
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post

Just a note, revo, but if you decide to "prestige", you lose everything (guns, PRO-perks, accessories etc) and it's just like starting over except you can play at the prestige levels in addition to the hardcore, barebones and core levels...
          I'm at level 47 now, and I think Prestige levels start at 50. Maybe that would be good for me since, despite being Lvl 47, I still suck....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I'm at level 47 now, and I think Prestige levels start at 50. Maybe that would be good for me since, despite being Lvl 47, I still suck....
            Oh, me too... I have no doubt your son would hose me with a wave of lead h2h... More often than not, I forget I have a knife and get sliced up while trying to aim or fire from the hip... I swear everyone has a better connection than me and that's why, even when I swear I light them up, on the kill cam replay I never get off a shot... And I have NO idea how the hell they see me from so far away even if I am not moving... I might be wearing a a lazer tag beacon on my flak jacket lol
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Oh, me too... I have no doubt your son would hose me with a wave of lead h2h... More often than not, I forget I have a knife and get sliced up while trying to aim or fire from the hip... I swear everyone has a better connection than me and that's why, even when I swear I light them up, on the kill cam replay I never get off a shot... And I have NO idea how the hell they see me from so far away even if I am not moving... I might be wearing a a lazer tag beacon on my flak jacket lol
              I'm pretty good with the knife, even if I get too eager and take a swing before I'm in range. But yeah, I suck shooting from the hip, and I'm convinced that half-second pulling up the range finder does me in. That's why I'm better as a "camper," but I find the sniper rifles too lacking.

I have yet to find a gun that has everything I need to make up for my inabilities. I need an accurate gun that can do solid damage but has the range-finder. I liked the G11 the best, but it has a crappy range-finder, so I've been switching between the Commando and the Famas for most CTF or Team Deathmatch games.

I tried the barebones games, but there are way too many expert snipers there waiting to do me in.

Comment

The ak74u was my gun of choice (good damage, ok range, decent fire rate) before they nerfed it. I use Warlord Pro (get two attachments [using suppressor and Rapid Fire] plus extra flash bang and extra frag)...

The new strategy for TDM (since I tend to get up close to opponents) is to use a shotgun and then swap out my pistol for the machine gun of my downed opponent...well, until I get killed lol
                Last edited by SeaDogStat; 02-14-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

The ak74u was my gun of choice (good damage, ok range, decent fire rate) before they nerfed it. I use Warlord Pro (get two attachments [using suppressor and Rapid Fire] plus extra flash bang and extra frag)...

The new strategy for TDM (since I tend to get up close to opponents) is to use a shotgun and then swap out my pistol for the machine gun of my downed opponent...well, until I get killed lol
                  I use Lightweight Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro in CTF when I go on the offensive -- maybe I should switch to a shotgun there since I'm always sprinting.

In TDM I use Hardened/Ninja and sometimes Ghost since I don't use Warlord that often. Using Hardened gets me the Killstreaks since I'll never get 4 kills in a row.

I'm on the fence about grenades -- most Semtex throws come up short, and I've even had them backfire on me when they've stuck to something close by.

I have no idea how those guys who had a 25 kill, 4 death match do it.

Comment

I gotta try the AK-74u -- do you just shoot from the hip, or do you shoot down sights?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I gotta try the AK-74u -- do you just shoot from the hip, or do you shoot down sights?
                      Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Both. It all comes down to how far away the enemy is. If he's close, I spray from the hip. A little further away and I use the sights.

Here's a really key tip: if you don't know at least 99% for sure that you're going to kill someone you're engaging with, just bail out. If he has cover and uses it, you will die. Run away and live to fight another day.

My aim sucks compared to a lot of other players so I have to compete via other means. I try to play smarter --- flank people, bait them into chasing me (into a claymore or a trap), use grenades a lot as a lead-in to fighting.
                      Good tips from eld...warlord pro gives you 3 flash/2 frag instead of 2/1 plus two attachments on your primary weapon. I definitely use the grip on the ak74u because I use the rapid fire option and tend to get heavy fingered on the trigger. But, when playing prestige, a lot of guys are flakked up so it takes more bullets (or better aiming + headshots). The grip helps stabilize the gun because it will pull high and to the right on longer bursts if no grip.

Man, I loves me my claymores too, eld...

One other little trick, if you are hiding/crouching when using the RC-XD, always try to find a little vegetation cover and plant a claymore in front of you. When guys see you using it, they love to come up and knife you...surprise, buddy! Meet mr. claymore first, sucka!! I've had a few kills with that when working the RC-XD. See, you can die when using it, but you continue to control it even when dead.

I once got killed using the RC-XD because I got the announcement my equipment was gone, wheeled the RC around back to my location and blew up the guy who killed me....that was sweet!

Comment

so I made it to Level 50 and now have the option to do the prestige levels -- but that means I'd have to give up my guns and stuff, and I think I'm finally at a level where I can hang with the big boys. Is there a point to the Prestige levels?

Comment

I used Famas forever until I switched to Commando.

I set up classes depending on the maps:
                          Small Maps -- AK74u/Lightweight Pro/Warlord/Ninja or HS10/Lightweight Pro/Steady Aim/Ninja
                          Mid-to-Large Maps -- Commando/Lightweight Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Ninja or G11 with same perks.

Comment

I was on tonight but kept getting connection errors so I bailed.

I have a good group of guys I play with on Tuesday nights and we often have enough for private matches, which is the most fun to me. I tried to get you in there last week Revo. I'll send you guys invites next time, try to jump in. It's nice to play with all adults.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              You guys are all on X-Box, right?
                              Yes. Jefeboy.

Comment

Working...
                              X