Lady Gaga..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Gaga..

Instead of clogging the 'exceleent music' thread i will post this in a new thread..

I really love her music. i haven't enjoyed a musical act as much since the late 90's when i discovered the "Dance Hall Crashers"

I don't expect anyone else on this site to embrace or enjoy her music as this site is full of classic rock/indie music lovers. Of which I am also one...but...

She is a talented artist even if you don't care for her. She has a great voice...crafts amazing pop songs, actually plays an instrument or two and her music is so damn addictive if you like dance/synth/pop. Hell i loved and still love Madonna's music.

To continue a discussion from the classic song draft...i think it takes as much, if not more talent to create the music she makes than it takes to make reggae music. (and yes i like reggae music). Think it's easy to create great pop music?

As always, to each his own... it is very cool when one finds music that one loves.....
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I've generally enjoyed Lady Gaga's stuff. I'm not a "music guy", though, so it frees me to casually enjoy a catchy pop or dance song without having to explain or defend why.

Comment

Here ya go mith:

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Here ya go mith:

Thanks DMT...I love that song...Clarence Clemons plays the sax solo on the album track...
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I think she's great-- doesn't take herself too seriously and makes fun music.
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

I like Katy Perry and Pink better....but my 4th grade son claims to be the "biggest Lady Gaga fan ever", going so far as to sing "Born this way" with classmate dancers and a drummer for the elementary school talent show.
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yeah, I'm right there with you guys. I think she's talented as she is unusual and the most interesting pop star we've had in a very long time.

Comment

From interviews I've seen her do, she seems to be pretty articulate too. So many people put her down, but she found a niche and is taking it to the bank. BTW, I do enjoy her music.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  I like Katy Perry and Pink better....but my 4th grade son claims to be the "biggest Lady Gaga fan ever", going so far as to sing "Born this way" with classmate dancers and a drummer for the elementary school talent show.
                  i also like Katy Perry and Pink

Comment

I think she's got a good voice and can craft a good pop song. That puts her miles ahead of anything Madonna ever did in my book. I think Katy Perry is crap and will be forgotten in a year or two. I think Pink has talent and has had several good songs through the years though her public persona is abrasive.

Anyway, it's all subjective, but Gaga has earned her success more than most of the artificial "stars" on pop radio right now.

Comment

I think I've heard Bad Romance and nothing else. Maybe snippets of Poker Face.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                        I think she's great-- doesn't take herself too seriously and makes fun music.
                        Well....this is odd.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          Well....this is odd.
                          tell me something boy, aren't you tired of tryin to fill that void?
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            tell me something boy, aren't you tired of tryin to fill that void?
                            You mean the big gaping one in my spirit?
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                              You mean the big gaping one in my spirit?
                              aint it hard keeping it so hardcore?

Comment

Working...
                              X