X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11.04....Holy Holy (1970)

Comment

11.06 Sail Away (Heathen, 2002)

He can still bring it so I hope those horrible rumors that he's hung 'em up for good are untrue. As I said in the discussion thread, his DVD A Reality Tour is fantastic. I considered another 2000s track but after listening to them both several times last night this one resonated more.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Thought about venturing to a different album again, but instead I'll go ahead and finish off Aladdin Sane:

11.07 - "The Prettiest Star" (Aladdin Sane, 1973)

There's something sinister about this song that on the surface seems like a pleasant little ditty.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to take this one in the Neil draft, so I'll take it here:

11.08 I've Been Waiting for You (Heathen, 2002)

Tin Machine also did a version of this, with Reeves Gabrels on lead vocals.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

11.09 Sunday, Heathen, 2002

This is the link to the Moby remix, which is pretty cool

12.01 Bowie Song, Flight Of The Conchords

Hilarious!

Last edited by johnnya24; 08-06-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

For Erik:

12.02 - Star (Ziggy Stardust, 1972)

Comment

I was thiiiis close to taking "Star" a couple rounds ago but ended up going with "Soul Love" instead.

12.03 - "Fantastic Voyage" (Lodger, 1979)

Just downloaded this album the other day, but I'm already digging this song. Such an effortless delivery and a nice little shuffle in the chorus.

Comment

Really sad this thing is ending with so many great songs out there that haven't been picked. I'll finish off my roster with an underrated gem from Lodger. I really dig the Middle Eastern vibe to it.

12.04 Yassassin (Turkish For: Long Live) (Lodger, 1979)

Ended up with picks from every decade but the 90s.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

12.07 A New Career In A New Town (Low, 1977)

I'll close out with the beautiful and mysterious little instrumental that ends Side One of Low. Cheers!
                    One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• 12.08 Bring Me The Disco King (Reality, 2003)

I went back and forth among about a dozen songs before choosing this one. Please don't pass this one by because of the "unusual" title. This is the smoothest, jazziest number in the Bowie catalog. If you had to compare it to another non-jazz artist, I guess it might be Steely Dan. This one has a distinct Bowie feel, despite the arrangement.

Reality wasn't a great album, but I think this is a standout track, and it gives me at least one song from the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s.

I think this original is better than the remix done later for a movie soundtrack, but you can judge for yourself.

Comment

• too wasted now tp pick, but I'll clean up my roster tomorrow....and there are still plenty of picks available...
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                          11.03 Look Back In Anger (Lodger, 1979)

Very underrated 'Lodger' cut, David overdoing it a bit on the vocals, but the band is absolutely cooking behind him, especially Carlos Alomar's guitar break at 1:15.
                          I have totally gotten obsessed with this song recently. I would take it way higher than this if we did this draft today.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• this was still one of my favorite music drafts
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              this was still one of my favorite music drafts
                              Yep. This and Neil Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Yep. This and Neil Young.
                                Bowie and Tom Petty for me

Comment

Working...
                                X