Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: Neil Young song draft

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Heart skipped a beat when they thread got bumped.
    Mine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Your memory fades when you get old, but I seem to recall in Neil's biography, "Shakey", a story claiming that when Neil got to LA he was cruising around looking for Stills, which is pretty ambitious given the size of LA. Neil is heading one way, Stills is on the same street heading the other way. Stills sees this cat driving a hearse, and figures it must be Neil, so he whips his car around and chases the hearse down. Thus the two musicians and Springfield is formed. Or so I remember.
    Yep. And Neil had Bruce Palmer with him, so Stills was like, "OMG, Neil AND a bass player!"

Hall of Famer
    Redraft.

Just saw Dolly Parton and friends perform "After the Goldrush" on the Grammys. Once they started singing it I told my wife (a huge Dolly fan) "wow, a Neil Young song!" to which she replied "she did write a lot of songs for other people". Tomorrow I begin my search for wife #2.

Hall of Famer
    Neil Young’s Unheard ‘70s Album ‘Homegrown’ Will Finally be Released

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...ed/ar-BB147EsP

Woo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by overkill94 View Post
    Just saw Dolly Parton and friends perform "After the Goldrush" on the Grammys. Once they started singing it I told my wife (a huge Dolly fan) "wow, a Neil Young song!" to which she replied "she did write a lot of songs for other people". Tomorrow I begin my search for wife #2.
    We never did find out if the search was successful.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Neil Young’s Unheard ‘70s Album ‘Homegrown’ Will Finally be Released

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...ed/ar-BB147EsP

Woo Hoo!
    I had given up hope for this. A ton of his unreleased sessions from the '70s became bootlegs or leaked out in dribs and drabs, but this never did. Can't wait.

A little late to this song, "Ramada Inn" is fucking excellent! Been listening to it for the last two weeks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Because we're in lockdown and I'm bored and have a lot of time on my hands, I made a list of my top 100 Neil Young songs. I'll be posting one a day on Facebook (when I remember) and when I do, I'll add it to this thread because why not.

100. Lookout Joe (Tonight's the Night, 1975)
    This song appears on a concept album but isn't actually part of the concept; it was added when the record company decided to release Tonight's the Night after shelving it for 2 years. But it has the same worn-out, world-weary feel as the rest of the songs, and adds a bit of wistfulness as it addresses Vietnam veterans who are strugging to avoid addiction and hopelessness.

Mith, I finished this list mere minutes before you made your post. Funny timing.

99. Ramada Inn (Psychedelic Pill, 2012)
    There aren't that many songs from this millenium that made the list, thanks to the amazing work Neil did in the previous one. But this, the standout track from his 2012 reunion with Crazy Horse, where he just let everyone do their thing, is deserving. Not as in-your-face as most of his guitar blowouts from the 20th century (or a thrilling one from earlier in the 21st), this one slowly grows on you, and by about 8 minutes in you're on a fascinating, mesmerizing journey. This is the only song on my list that did not exist when we did this draft.