No announcement yet.

Neil Young song draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I still have enough songs to pick come the later rounds. Might have to do some extra research!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      I would hate to see us use Buffalo Springfield and especially CSNY. Neil has more than enough on his own, and when you start getting into CSNY you get a lot of Nash/Crosby songs, Nash songs, Crosby songs, Stills songs, etc. It would be like having a George Harrison draft and using Beatles tunes.
      I was going to propose that NEIL'S Buffalo Springfield/CSNY songs be eligible, but that others not be. If Neil wrote or co-wrote a BS or CSNY song, you can take it, if he didn't, you can't.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Erik
        Johnny
        Mith
        Lucky
        Kurt
        Overkill

Still haven't heard from Sheep. Let's give him at least til tomorrow before closing off admission and starting up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          FAIR WARNING: If I get the first pick, I may have to sequester myself for an extended period before making that selection.
          Ditto. He has so many epic songs that it's impossible to pick which one is the very best.

Comment

I figured we would copy the format of the Dylan draft, assuming we end up with 6-8 teams. 15 rounds, with an option to extend to 20 if that's what people want, 4 hour time limit on weekdays, 8 hour time limit on weekends, clock active 9 AM - 9 PM Eastern.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Still haven't heard from Sheep. Let's give him at least til tomorrow before closing off admission and starting up.
              I know sheep wanted to be in this so if he doesn't respond, I can fill in for him until he returns.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Good to know. Let's see where we are tomorrow afternoon, maybe we'll be able to kick it off on Thursday morning.

Comment

Just heard from Sheep:

No can do... I'm super-busy at work for the next couple weeks, so I'm on holiday from RotoJunkie. Have fun!

Comment

I was going to propose that NEIL'S Buffalo Springfield/CSNY songs be eligible, but that others not be. If Neil wrote or co-wrote a BS or CSNY song, you can take it, if he didn't, you can't.
                    so no one can take this piece of crap

Comment

I've got some time for once, can I get in? I'm kicking myself for missing the Dylan draft.
                      One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                        I've got some time for once, can I get in? I'm kicking myself for missing the Dylan draft.
                        Erik
                        Johnny
                        Mith
                        Lucky
                        Kurt
                        Overkill
                        ManCalledFoot

Comment

Welcome!

DMT, do you want to see about pairing up with Sheep, maybe using a list from him or something?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            so no one can take this piece of crap
                            I take exception. A fine song it is, or at least was in its original recorded form. The guys are all 80 now, so I don't expect as much. But it's still a good song with clever lyrics. Everybody, at some point, just has to let their freak flag fly.

Comment

Welcome!

DMT, do you want to see about pairing up with Sheep, maybe using a list from him or something?
                              If he's up for it, sure. And I can probably hold my own for the first few rounds.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Going through Neil's entire catalog, I wonder if anyone here is familiar with ALL of it. It's massive, and there's so many half-forgotten weird excursions into nowhere... there's no way anybody knows all these LPs by heart. I'm sure you guys ran into this in the Dylan draft as well.

For example, I loved the 'Re-actor' LP and know those songs backwards and forwards, but I can't recall a single tune from, say, 'Old Ways'.
                                One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X