Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robo Umps coming to a AAA park near you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robo Umps coming to a AAA park near you!

<p>
    The electronic strike zone will be used in all 30 Class AAA parks in 2023, sources told ESPN: </p>
    <p>
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35434317</p>

Does that mean it comes to MLB in 2024?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Does that mean it comes to MLB in 2024?

Comment

RIP pitch framing.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Saw it in action in both Kannapolis & Charlotte this past season multiple times as well as the AFL and LOVED it. It takes no more time in a game than players stepping out of the box to passively aggressively complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Saw it in action in both Kannapolis & Charlotte this past season multiple times as well as the AFL and LOVED it. It takes no more time in a game than players stepping out of the box to passively aggressively complain.
            In Charlotte, they were using the challenge system. Not sure about Kannapolis without looking it up. Our people seemed to like the challenge system when they visited Charlotte.

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            RIP pitch framing.
            With the full ABS, for sure. With the challenge system, as well as depending upon the ultimate implementation of the challenge system (how many challenges do you get, do you keep your challenges if you're successful, etc.), the effect it will have on framing is less clear.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              With the full ABS, for sure. With the challenge system, as well as depending upon the ultimate implementation of the challenge system (how many challenges do you get, do you keep your challenges if you're successful, etc.), the effect it will have on framing is less clear.

Pshh what do you know about pitch framing anyway, sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                In Charlotte, they were using the challenge system. Not sure about Kannapolis without looking it up. Our people seemed to like the challenge system when they visited Charlotte. With the full ABS, for sure. With the challenge system, as well as depending upon the ultimate implementation of the challenge system (how many challenges do you get, do you keep your challenges if you're successful, etc.), the effect it will have on framing is less clear.
                You're right; I am conflating ABS vs the challenge system. I went to 8-10 games with it in play and it works very seamlessly and is maybe an 8-10 second process in all with scoreboard transparency.

Comment

I'm all for this - can't wait to see it in action at Isotopes stadium!
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                  X