X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willson Contreras to the Cards, 5yrs, $87.5m

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Aaron Judge returns to the Yanks on a 9yr, $360m deal. Jon Heyman reported yesterday he was going to the Giants in what became an epic gaffe, and Michael Kay speculated it was that fugazy report that spurred the Yanks to make a bigger offer.
      Jameson Taillon to the Cubs
      Taijuan Walker to the Phillies
      I thought this was...interesting.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I sent a couple of baseballs into the good doctor from the minors and majors this year...

Comment

Jason Heyward signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers. Classy guy, I hope it works out for him.

Comment

I must have missed this in the CBA. It seems like a fair system for pre-arbitration players.

According to Jesse Rogers of ESPN, Dylan Cease has earned a $2.4 million bonus from the league's newly-established $50 million bonus pool for pre-arbitration players.

The latest Collective Bargaining Agreement, which was signed between the league and players last March, established an annual $50 million bonus pool for the top 100 players, according to WAR metrics, with less than three years of service time. Cease finished second in AL Cy Young Award balloting snd sixth in WAR among qualified players. Astros outfielder Yordan Alvarez takes home the second-highest bonus ($2.381 million) with Blue Jays right-hander Alek Manoah coming in third at $2.191 million. The bonuses are paid by teams before being reimbursed by the league through a central fund.

I bet Gerrit Cole is stilled PO'ed at the Pirates for giving him something like a 7 thousand dollar raise when he was pre-arb lol.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

RW is announcing that there will be a 3-team trade where Sean Murphy goes from Oakland to Atlanta, Willson Contreras goes form Atlanta to Milwaukee and and Oakland gets prospects Esteury Ruiz (OF) from the Brewers and Kyle Muller (SP) from the Braves. FG is projecting both Ruiz and Muller as starters.

Comment

Sean Murphy traded to the Braves in a 3-tm deal. Esteury Ruiz, Manny Pina, Tarnok & Kyle Muller go to Oakland, William Contreras, Yeager & Payamps to Milwaukee.

Comment

First reaction prior to digging into it... Contreras and Murphy seemed pretty similar last year, I'm surprised that the Braves made that deal.

Comment

Bassitt to the Blue Jays 3 years $63 million. He will turn 34 in Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        First reaction prior to digging into it... Contreras and Murphy seemed pretty similar last year, I'm surprised that the Braves made that deal.
                        Contreras strikes me as a DH more than a good catcher, but I havent dug into it either. I know d'Arnaud has one year left on his deal (and he was pretty good last 2 years), so not sure how much of a pure timeshare this will be.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Sean Murphy traded to the Braves in a 3-tm deal. Esteury Ruiz, Manny Pina, Tarnok & Kyle Muller go to Oakland, William Contreras, Yeager & Payamps to Milwaukee.
                          SP Royber Salinas also went from the Braves to the A's in this deal. The Braves must have really wanted Sean Murphy. Muller was their #1 prospect according to BA and Salinas and Tarnok were in their top 10 and Contreras put up 2.4 fWAR in a partial season.

Comment

Vazquez to the Twins.

Another Cubs target off the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Vazquez to the Twins.

Another Cubs target off the boards.

Geez, how many targets did the Cubs have?
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Geez, how many targets did the Cubs have?
                                Many. All most all of the top FAs except Rodon and Verlander.

As far as the SS goes sort of like tiers in fantasy baseball. But all 4 were supposedly strongly in play. They are going to be that team that can't pull the trigger leaves money on the table and has a bad team.

Comment

Working...
                                X