Way Too Early Draft Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Too Early Draft Results

I did a draft in Arizona for FPAZ. It's a 12 team league, I believe standard categories, Best Ball league. Best Ball, if you don't know, optimizes your lineup to start the best players. It's a 46 round draft but we just did the first 23. Here's what I have:

C - SPerez
    C -
    1B - MOlsen
    CI - Tellez
    3B - GHenderson
    2B - GTorres
    MI - RMcMahon
    SS - BWitt
    OF - MHarris
    OF - THernandez
    OF - Stanton
    OF - JMcCarthy
    OF - JMeneses
    UT - BNimmo

P - CBurnes
    P - CRodon
    P - TGlasnow
    P - JLuzardo
    P - LMcCullers
    P - TrRogers
    P - SGray
    P - ADiaz
    P - LHendricks

BN - RContreras

What do you folks think? I'll have the 3rd pick when we pick back up in January. What should I target? Catchers available aren't too exciting so I think I'll leave that alone for now.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Thanks for sharing. Interesting format.

Like your offense. Am concerned that your pitching is a lock for injuries.

Would focus on best available for a while, with secondary focus on areas where you need some insurance (CI, OF) and then saves.

Good luck!!!

Comment

Unless you're using different eligibilities, McMahon is 3B only for 2023, as is Henderson to start the season. This is fine in best ball, but it leaves you a MI short. I'd probably grab a MI or two early. Witt can also cover 3B/CI, so perhaps prioritize a SS, then get a 2B to cover Torres.

As for catcher, looking for a team where both guys are available, then double tapping them both is a way to attack the spot late.
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
        Unless you're using different eligibilities, McMahon is 3B only for 2023, as is Henderson to start the season. This is fine in best ball, but it leaves you a MI short. I'd probably grab a MI or two early. Witt can also cover 3B/CI, so perhaps prioritize a SS, then get a 2B to cover Torres.

As for catcher, looking for a team where both guys are available, then double tapping them both is a way to attack the spot late.
        Thanks for pointing that out. I had a spreadsheet that was using last year's eligibility.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Thanks for sharing. Interesting format.

Like your offense. Am concerned that your pitching is a lock for injuries.

Would focus on best available for a while, with secondary focus on areas where you need some insurance (CI, OF) and then saves.

Good luck!!!
          Thanks for your thoughts. I went with a high risk, high reward for this draft. In this format, if a player sucks he doesn't play. Obviously, if he gets hurt and enough of them do, I'm sunk. Or I have an excellent pitching staff.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'd be looking hard at MI or OF unless a pitcher drops that you really like. Stanton is a mammoth hitter....and health risk, and both McCarthy and Meneses are rookies who saw part season service. McCarthy's speed probably will play well. But Meneses, especially, I have concerns about. I think that .370+ BABIP could be a mirage, and the correction might be nasty.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X