No announcement yet.

Week 17 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melvin Gordon fumbled one too many times this year and the Broncos have waived him. Yiiiiikes. I say the coach who asked them to sign Latavius Murray to be the goal-line back and then used Gordon on the goal-line should be following him out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I don't know if it's just me or if something is going on, but these are the skill position players who've suffered major injuries this season:
      - Wan'Dale Robinson
      - Sterling Shepard
      - James Washington
      - Dallas Goedert
      - Carson Wentz
      - Khalil Herbert
      - Romeo Doubs
      - Irv Smith
      - Kyle Pitts
      - Matt Corral
      - Michael Thomas
      - Trey Lance
      - Zach Ertz
      - Hollywood Brown
      - Rashaad Penny
      - Cooper Kupp
      - Mike Williams
      - Keenan Allen
      - Hunter Renfrow
      - Darren Waller
      - Mecole Hardman
      - Tim Patrick
      - Javonte Williams
      - Ja"Marr Chase
      - David Njoku
      - Gus Edwards
      - JK Dobbins
      - Rashad Bateman
      - Breece Hall
      - Brian Hoyer
      - Jonnu Smith

Something is rotten in Denmark.....
      Combination of factors, IMO. Here's my thoughts:

- Change in method of tackling: Defenders don't dare go high, so there's a lot more low hits. I think that's a given. It seems there's more tackling that involves twisting the player down, also. I might be wrong on that one, but just an eye test.
      - Size/speed of defenders. There's more hybrid DB/LB types with 4.4-4.5 speed and weigh 210-225 lbs. DLmen run sub 5.0 weighing over 300 lbs. A recent example - if you watched the Chiefs-Chargers game, Chris Jones came back and covered 15-20 yards incredibly fast and just blasted Spiller. If a guy has his leg in the ground and is making a cut and gets hit with the speed and mass a guy like Chris Jones has, it's often going to end badly.
      - Speed of RBs/WRs - so many guys run 4.3s, best run 4.2s and are making explosive cuts at those speeds. There's been a lot of non-contact/limited contact injuries that I'd guess the muscle strength and speed are beginning to exceed the capacity of the joints to handle it.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Combination of factors, IMO. Here's my thoughts: - Change in method of tackling: Defenders don't dare go high, so there's a lot more low hits. I think that's a given. It seems there's more tackling that involves twisting the player down, also. I might be wrong on that one, but just an eye test. - Size/speed of defenders. There's more hybrid DB/LB types with 4.4-4.5 speed and weigh 210-225 lbs. DLmen run sub 5.0 weighing over 300 lbs. A recent example - if you watched the Chiefs-Chargers game, Chris Jones came back and covered 15-20 yards incredibly fast and just blasted Spiller. If a guy has his leg in the ground and is making a cut and gets hit with the speed and mass a guy like Chris Jones has, it's often going to end badly. - Speed of RBs/WRs - so many guys run 4.3s, best run 4.2s and are making explosive cuts at those speeds. There's been a lot of non-contact/limited contact injuries that I'd guess the muscle strength and speed are beginning to exceed the capacity of the joints to handle it.
        All possibilities for sure. A friend of mine also mentioned the proliferation of artificial turf.
        Take a look at a typical season from, say, the late 1970s to mid-1980s. Look at how many RBs & WRs played nearly full seasons. Look at all the top WRs and RBs from that time, they rarely missed time. Torn ACLs were relatively rare. Of course there were catastrophic injuries, but it seems to me they weren't nearly as common.

Comment

All possibilities for sure. A friend of mine also mentioned the proliferation of artificial turf.
          Take a look at a typical season from, say, the late 1970s to mid-1980s. Look at how many RBs & WRs played nearly full seasons. Look at all the top WRs and RBs from that time, they rarely missed time. Torn ACLs were relatively rare. Of course there were catastrophic injuries, but it seems to me they weren't nearly as common.
          Definitely agree on artificial turf, and I'm glad to see the NFLPA get behind the players advocating to get rid of it.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Rams surprisingly waive Darrell Henderson

Comment

Cards OL coach Sean Kugler, who many now know from HBO's current season of Hard Knocks, was fired after he groped a woman on their trip to Mexico City. Yikes.

Comment

Interesting story from the Washington Post -- someone somehow discovered a 14-year old Jerry Jones in a photo of one of the infamous Little Rock HS desegregation rallies in 1957.

Comment

After the electric showing by Jordan Love last night, the Packers should place Rodgers on IR and turns the team over to Love. The expectation is Rodgers has broken ribs, but regardless, Love moved the team better than Rodgers has in weeks, and with Rodgers impending free agency, the time has come to turn the page.

Comment

Jimmy G broke his foot and is out for the remainder of the season

Comment

Panthers ended the Baker Mayfield experiment and waived him

Titans fired GM Jon Robinson

Comment

Panthers ended the Baker Mayfield experiment and waived him

Titans fired GM Jon Robinson
                        Rams pick up Mayfield, start him and gets the win. This moves the Rams behind the Bears for the #2 draft pick. Still need Denver to win a game.

Comment

Lol. Raiders vs Patriots wild ending:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The stiff arm on Mac Jones was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Lol. Raiders vs Patriots wild ending:
                              Always better to embed from Twitter. Screw the NFL blocking shit.

Comment

The Las Vegas Raiders pulled of a miracle on the field Sunday to beat the New England Patriots on the final play of the fourth quarter. In the process, the Raiders delivered a miracle -- worth over $2 million -- for one bettor who had them winning as part of a parlay.

When Raiders pass rusher Chandler Jones ran back a horrific lateral attempt for the game-winning touchdown, bettor Marco Piemonte cashed in on his five-leg NFL parlay and won a whopping $2.88 million. Piemonte, who has a history of placing large bets, bet $31,000 on the five-leg parlay.

The epic parlay consisted of the Miami Dolphins +7, the Jacksonville Jaguars +4, the Minnesota Vikings moneyline, the Cleveland Brown moneyline, and, as fate would have it, the Raiders moneyline as the final pick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...over-patriots/

Comment

Working...
                                X