Week 17 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    The Las Vegas Raiders pulled of a miracle on the field Sunday to beat the New England Patriots on the final play of the fourth quarter. In the process, the Raiders delivered a miracle -- worth over $2 million -- for one bettor who had them winning as part of a parlay. When Raiders pass rusher Chandler Jones ran back a horrific lateral attempt for the game-winning touchdown, bettor Marco Piemonte cashed in on his five-leg NFL parlay and won a whopping $2.88 million. Piemonte, who has a history of placing large bets, bet $31,000 on the five-leg parlay. The epic parlay consisted of the Miami Dolphins +7, the Jacksonville Jaguars +4, the Minnesota Vikings moneyline, the Cleveland Brown moneyline, and, as fate would have it, the Raiders moneyline as the final pick. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...over-patriots/
    More unlikely for sure was that Minnesota money line leg of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      More unlikely for sure was that Minnesota money line leg of it.
      Well it depends on what time you are referencing. Before the game, no. In the middle of it, yeah.

Comment

I've made it to round 2 of both leagues despite losing my first round pick (Kupp) in one leagues and missing 2 starters in another one. I've now scored the league high in 4 different weeks while giving up the highest score in 5 other weeks in that same league. Crazy season.

Comment

Nathaniel Hackett canned

Comment

Derrick Henry & Tony Pollard both not expected to play tonight, a final kick in the ass for teams who made it to the finals.

Comment

Future Hall of Famer JJ Watt​ is retiring at the end of this season.

Comment

I've already adjusted my Super Bowl lineup 4x today.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  I just picked up two streamers and starting them both. Im crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    How'd you do? I had Mike Evans and CMC, so you know how I did.

Comment

All three of my teams absolutely crushed it this week......BUT they were all in the third place games because they collectively crapped their pants in all three of my semifinal matchups last week.

Comment

Bills S Damar Hamlin was administered CPR after collapsing on the field Monday night against the Bengals.

Hamlin was knocked down after taking a hard hit to the chest in the first quarter, popped up to his feet, and then collapsed on the field. The medical staff administered CPR and an AED on the field following the collapse. Hamlin was given oxygen as he was loaded into the ambulance. Joe Danneman of Fox Sports Cincinnati reports that Hamlin has a pulse but was not breathing on his own. He was taken directly to the hospital where he is in critical condition. Prayers go out to Hamlin, his family, and the Bills organization and fans. The game has been suspended.
                        Last edited by madducks; 01-03-2023, 03:51 AM.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

As fans await news on Hamlin’s condition, donations have poured in to a GoFundMe fundraiser that he started in 2020 to raise money to purchase toys for children, writing at the time, “As I embark on my journey to the NFL, I will never forget where I come from and I am committed to using my platform to positively impact the community that raised me. I created The Chasing M’s Foundation as a vehicle that will allow me to deliver that impact.”

The fundraiser topped $74,000 just one hour after Hamlin’s collapse and quickly grew to $2,033,270 just before 1 a.m. ET Tuesday, then soared to more than $3 million just an hour and twenty minutes later with more than 119,000 donations.

“Following his injury on the field tonight, fans across the country are showing their support for him and his family by donating to his fundraiser,” GoFundMe tweeted Monday night.

Bills fans – nicknamed the Bills Mafia – are known for having a charitable heart. In 2021, they celebrated their victory over the Baltimore Ravens by donating money to the favorite charity of Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson, who the team lost in the third quarter due to concussion protocol.

And in the 2020 season, Bills fans donated money to a children’s hospital after Bills quarterback Josh Allen’s grandmother died, according to ESPN.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't believe the NFL didn't have a better plan for last night's incident. That was poorly handled from a PR perspective

Comment

What a scary episode that I hope turns out right.

When I saw the play, my first thought was of my good friend from JHS & HS, who told me a story of when he was 12. His best friend got into a fight with another kid and got punched in the chest, and he staggered for a second before collapsing and dying. At 12 years old. He said there is a condition in the human body, which is called Commotio Cordis, where the heart can stop by blunt force trauma at a precise instant of the electrical blood cycle. This could be what happened to Hamlin.

Let's hope for a safe recovery.

Comment

I realize everyone is thinking and praying for Damar. As am I. But as far as football goes, where do we go from here?

The Bills have traveled home, so if Damar recovers and they want to play, it still doesn't seem likely that they will finish the game this week with enough rest for Sunday. My friend, who is a prominent sports talk show host, and I came to the conclusion that the best course of action would be to postpone the entire slate of games this weekend and only finish the Bills-Bengals game. Then push back the entire playoff schedule by a week, except for the Super Bowl. The Pro Bowl would overlap with the Conference Championship games, but who cares about that anyway.

They can't cancel the game, or give each team a tie, as it would be unfair and has major implications on the season. If this was Arizona-Carolina, no one would care if the game was axed, but it's not.

They could just say the game is final and give Cincinnati the win, but that also seems unfair.

Let's hope Damar recovers and the NFL finds an equitable solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X