Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("End-of-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FBP View Post
    Didn’t see Jacob Berry
    He's at #64 .

Comment

Really good list. Thanks as always for sharing.

I really churned my dynasty prospects this year, trying to pick up breakouts. Ended up with a ton of guys from your list (E. Perez, T. Soderstrom, Endy Rodriguez, W. Bernabel, B. Ramos, E. Julien, Jose Rodriguez, Graceffo). I would rank Endy Rodriguez higher. His numbers from this year are insane, and he should move away from catching into 2B or LF. His BB rate is very high, K rate is very low.

I'm curious where you've got some of my other guys.

Junior Caminero INF TB
      Jordan Diaz 3B/1B OAK
      Yainer Diaz C/1B HOU
      Edgar Quero C LAA
      Addison Barger INF TOR
      Gabriel Martinez OF TOR
      Jaisson Chourio OF CLE

I assume this is about the order you'd have them ranked.

Thanks!
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Really good list. Thanks as always for sharing.

I really churned my dynasty prospects this year, trying to pick up breakouts. Ended up with a ton of guys from your list (E. Perez, T. Soderstrom, Endy Rodriguez, W. Bernabel, B. Ramos, E. Julien, Jose Rodriguez, Graceffo). I would rank Endy Rodriguez higher. His numbers from this year are insane, and he should move away from catching into 2B or LF. His BB rate is very high, K rate is very low.

I'm curious where you've got some of my other guys.

Junior Caminero INF TB
        Jordan Diaz 3B/1B OAK
        Yainer Diaz C/1B HOU
        Edgar Quero C LAA
        Addison Barger INF TOR
        Gabriel Martinez OF TOR
        Jaisson Chourio OF CLE

I assume this is about the order you'd have them ranked.

Thanks!
        Thanx for the response, TW.

Yeah, all of these guys are on my list somewhere. Here's where I have them:

Junior Caminero INF TB - #248
        Jordan Diaz 3B/1B OAK - #167
        Yainer Diaz C/1B HOU - # 368
        Edgar Quero C LAA - #201
        Addison Barger INF TOR - #194
        Gabriel Martinez OF TOR - #401
        Jaisson Chourio OF CLE - #596

Yeah, Endy had a monster year. FG really likes him. He'll probably move up if and when he moves off of catcher.

Comment

rhd, this is awesome - as always. Thank you so much for sharing your insights (and for doing the legwork on this). Love it!!

Comment

By the way, James Wood seems a very high ranking based on my sense of it. Not challenging; just curious what the key considerations might be there. Thanks!

Also, for some fallers like Esteury Ruiz and Ezequiel Tovar, is that a knock on them or more that others moved up?

Brennen Davis - my leaguemates are petrified of his contact issues. I have him (for now), so I’m curious why he’s still high for you. Didn’t seem to fall much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              By the way, James Wood seems a very high ranking based on my sense of it. Not challenging; just curious what the key considerations might be there. Thanks!

Also, for some fallers like Esteury Ruiz and Ezequiel Tovar, is that a knock on them or more that others moved up?

Brennen Davis - my leaguemates are petrified of his contact issues. I have him (for now), so I’m curious why he’s still high for you. Didn’t seem to fall much.
              Thanx as always for the response, Sharky.

Scouts seem to love Wood and his stats are very impressive as an age-appropriate 20-year old. Double-plus power, slightly above average speed and surprisingly good plate discipline for a player so tall. Looks to be an elite prospect in both real baseball and roto.

Tovar is guy that I think I had too high before. He's been very impressive and highly regarded but his real value seems to be higher than his roto value. I think I was thinking he would be a candidate for SBs but BA indicates his speed is only around average. A lot of his value apparently is in his defense. Might be an elite real prospect but maybe not so for roto. Where I have him now seems more appropriate.

Ruiz is a big SB candidate but I'm surprised that he isnt more highly regarded. He's not even in the top 100 at all for BA, MLB or FG. My dropping him down a bit is mainly a deference to the industry scouts. I'm actually going against the scouts a good deal by keeping him as high as he is.

Davis had an absolute miserable year but industry sources are still high on him. He had multiple injury problems which perhaps explains the poor season. I'm keeping him ranked relatively high for now in deference to the scouts.
              Last edited by rhd; 11-09-2022, 04:48 PM.

Comment

RHD, how close was Mason Auer to your top 150? Gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  RHD, how close was Mason Auer to your top 150? Gracias.
                  Auer is not too far off the list. He's at #184 rt now.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Auer is not too far off the list. He's at #184 rt now.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Any thoughts on Mastaka Yoshida? He's posting and says he's interested in the Phillies (as a big Harper fan). I don't think the phillies have a place for him as it sounds like he's another below average corner OF, but does the offense make moving things around worth it?
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Any thoughts on Mastaka Yoshida? He's posting and says he's interested in the Phillies (as a big Harper fan). I don't think the phillies have a place for him as it sounds like he's another below average corner OF, but does the offense make moving things around worth it?
                        Thanx for the response, heyelander.

And thanx for informing about Yoshida. He's been on my list for a while, as he's one of the best hitters in Japan, but this is the first I've heard that he wants to come to MLB. If indeed he is posted, he'll be added to the top 150. Not sure exactly where he'll rank but it would probably be higher than Senga, who's currently at #69. Probably in the 40-75 range. He has only about 6 years service time in Japan and you need 9 years to be eligible for free agency so I dont know whether his team would post him this early. But they just won the Japan Leagues title so maybe they figure they've already gotten their money's worth from him and would let him go.

Comment

It's on the phillies sub-reddit, so it must be true, right?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            No speed, high average and OBP in Japan, with 20ish HR's. Not sure how that would translate to MLB, but I doubt it would be superstar level. Fangraphs gives him a 70 hit tool, 35/40 Game power and a 35+ FV.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Two of these prospects were traded today:
                              Nolan Jones to the Rockies
                              xavier Edwards to the Marlins

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Two of these prospects were traded today:
                                Nolan Jones to the Rockies
                                xavier Edwards to the Marlins
                                The Nolan Jones deal really surprised me. I get he's pretty much blocked in Cleveland, but Brito seems like a pretty thin return for him.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X