No announcement yet.

Week 5 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gap between Kelce & Andrews and the rest of the TE field has been absolutely enormous this season. Last season it was around a 33% advantage to own those 2, but this year it's been a whopping 80% or more over much of the pre-season TE1s. Kelce has exploded, Andrews has been similar to last season, but it's more the fact the pre-season next tier of TEs has been, for the most part, dreadful. Ertz & Goedert have been very good, as expected, so those owners can breath a sigh of relief. But they're both still 50%-90% lower than Kelce/Andrews.

Waller, Pitts, Kittle, Knox & Schultz have been abysmal.

if you lucked out and landed Njoku, Higbee or Taysom Hill, you're OK (for now).

This is just like the QB landscape -- top heavy with the pre-season middle tier wildly underperforming.

In my Underdog leagues, I took Taysom in 41% and he's saving my bacon.

Comment

Week 5 musings:
      - the Giants are 4-1 and the Jets are 3-2, the first time they've both been over .500 at the same time since Week 9 of the 2015 season
      - the G-Men are 4-1 with "I'm Richie James, Bitch!" as their leading receiver with 172 yards. To put that in perspective, Justin Jefferson had more yards in Week 1 than the Giants leading receiver does all season
      - Saquon Barkley has re-established himself as the game's best RB
      - Teddy Bridgewater was forced to miss the rest of his game because of the new rule the NFL & NFLPA instituted this past week, which says that even though the player could pass concussion protocols, he could still miss the game if the independent observer decides it's too risky to go back in
      - Geno Smith, who many analysts said in the pre-season was not a startable QB in the NFL, currently leads the NFL with a 113.2 QB rating
      - Meanwhile, his predecessor in Seattle, Russell Wilson, who Denver gave up a boatload of picks for and who is signed until 2026 for $242m, has a QB Rating of 82.4, 22nd among QBs
      - Cooper Rush is 5-0 as an NFL starter
      - Taysom Hill, who has 1 catch, is TE3 through 5 weeks
      - if the Bills manage to deal for McCaffrey, as is rumored, just give them the trophy now
      - both Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford are on pace for 24 INTs
      - if the Rams don't figure out their OL woes, you can write them off
      - maybe it wasn't the QB that was the root of Allen Robinson's poor 2021. He'd better step it up soon or Van Jefferson will overtake him
      - because of Robinson's invisibleness, Cooper Kupp is on pace for 166 receptions, 17 MORE than last season, but his YPC is down almost 3 yards, which is a sign their just force-feeding him the ball over short routes against zone coverage schemes

Comment

Working...
      X