Have we become immune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we become immune

Is Ohtani's greatness just played out now that we didn't even get a "Shhhhhhh" thread last night?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Is Ohtani's greatness just played out now that we didn't even get a "Shhhhhhh" thread last night?
    For sure. We have never seen anything like this guy in our lifetimes. Speaking of which, here is a good article about the ways WAR is short-changing Ohtani some. He trailed JUdge in WAR this year, and I can't blame anyone for voting for Judge as MVP, but to me, despite how truly special Judge has been, Ohtani is still the most valuable player in baseball.

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohta...e-value-by-war

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      For sure. We have never seen anything like this guy in our lifetimes. Speaking of which, here is a good article about the ways WAR is short-changing Ohtani some. He trailed JUdge in WAR this year, and I can't blame anyone for voting for Judge as MVP, but to me, despite how truly special Judge has been, Ohtani is still the most valuable player in baseball.

I second this.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

saved a tweet off reddit that said:

Every time I see an Angels highlight it's like "Mike Trout hit 3 home runs and raised his average to .528 while Shohei Ohtani did something that hasn't been done since Tungsten Arm O'Doyle of the 1921 Akron Groomsmen, as the Tigers defeated the Angels 8-3"
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            He will be back in the auction in our only league this next year. We have daily moves so we can use him as a pitcher or UT. We have a $260 budget.

I wonder what it is going to cost me to roster him on my team?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              He will be back in the auction in our only league this next year. We have daily moves so we can use him as a pitcher or UT. We have a $260 budget.

I wonder what it is going to cost me to roster him on my team?
              60+ easy.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                60+ easy.
                Agree. And with 120-130 hitting starts and 26 or so pitching starts, there might be profit at 60.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Agree. And with 120-130 hitting starts and 26 or so pitching starts, there might be profit at 60.
                  In a daily league--No doubt.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Man, in a daily league I have no idea how high I'd go but really high. In a few of my leagues we have players go into the high $50s and low $60s due to normal keeper inflation. With daily moves Otani may go $70+

Comment

Working...
                    X