Week 1 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Thread

Total dismantling of the Super Bowl champs.

If you drafted Cam Akers in Rd 4, you're already looking forward to baseball drafts.

Allen Robinson better do something to prove that it was indeed the QB last season.

What a debut for James Cook -- one carry, one fumble, one long night on the bench. Welcome to the league, kid.

Rondale Moore OUT

Comment

Rams rookie RB Kyren Williams needs ankle surgery, out 6-8 weeks

Comment

49ers TE George Kittle is OUT.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steeler's defense overcomes their still anemic offense. But they lose 2021 Defensive Player of the Year T.J Watt to a torn pectoral muscle. Sigh. It's going to be a long season.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steelers-Bengals was a wild one. A potential game-winning EP by the Bengals blocked by Minkah Fitzpatrick at the end of regulation and potential game-winning FGs missed by both McPherson and Bosley in OT.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dak needs surgery on his thumb, out indefinitely

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Dak needs surgery on his thumb, out indefinitely
                0-18 possible?

Comment

Some week 1 reactions:
                  - it will be a looong year for Cowboys fans. It may be a long year for Packers fans. Both came in light at WR and overconfidently thought they addressed it through the draft. OBJ is still out there, maybe give him a call.
                  - lots of pre-season darlings came up empty this week: George Pickens, Romeo Doubs, James Cook, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore, Travis Etienne, Trey Lance, Cam Akers, Jalen Tolbert, Tyrion Davis-Price & Kyle Pitts among others
                  - Did Mike Williams & Kadarius Toney miss the team bus or something?
                  - James Robinson & Darrell Henderson are going to be thorns in the side of fantasy owners all season
                  - Did Isaiah Pacheco just overtake CEH as the Chiefs' lead back?

Comment

Some week 1 reactions:

Seems unlikely, Pacheco got 10 of his 12 carries in the 4th quarter when KC was already up by 30...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Dak out 6-to-8 weeks

Comment

Some week 1 reactions:
                        - it will be a looong year for Cowboys fans. It may be a long year for Packers fans. Both came in light at WR and overconfidently thought they addressed it through the draft. OBJ is still out there, maybe give him a call.
                        - lots of pre-season darlings came up empty this week: George Pickens, Romeo Doubs, James Cook, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore, Travis Etienne, Trey Lance, Cam Akers, Jalen Tolbert, Tyrion Davis-Price & Kyle Pitts among others
                        - Did Mike Williams & Kadarius Toney miss the team bus or something?
                        - James Robinson & Darrell Henderson are going to be thorns in the side of fantasy owners all season
                        More reactions, just to pile on:

- The Bengals OL has improved from totally criminal to just mostly criminal. The run blocking was definitely improved, but the pass protection is gonna get Joe Burrow killed.
                        - Mitch Trubisky, game manager. Yeah, he wasn't great, but he did only one stupid thing and threw it badly enough that he got away with it. Color me surprised.
                        - Kudos to the Bears defense in really ugly conditions.
                        - I'm much more worried about the Packers DBs to play Joe Barry's system than I am the WRs. Losing Justin Jefferson once for a big gain? OK, mistakes happen. Missing him six times with no one within seven yards of him? Unacceptable.
                        - And if Matt LeFleur is concerned about low energy and negative attitudes, he needs to start with #12. Show some fire, and wipe that pissy-whiny face away for good. Please.
                        - Welcome back, Saquon Barkley. Just saw bits and pieces of this game, but he looked like a different runner.
                        - Also only saw about a quarter of the Chiefs game, but Mahomes made a few throws into ridiculously tight windows.
                        - Philly giving up a first for AJ Brown is looking pretty savvy right now.
                        - I agree with revo that Dallas' WR situation looks pretty bad right now, but keeping Amari Cooper wasn't the answer.
                        - Nick Chubb is a baaaaaaad man. I'd love to see his YAC numbers.
                        - Chris Godwin's injury looked nasty. Hope it's nowhere near as bad as it looked.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          - Chris Godwin's injury looked nasty. Hope it's nowhere near as bad as it looked.
                          Agree with most of those, this one I had the opposite reaction. In fact the announcers said they couldn't tell if he injured it on his last play or perhaps on an earlier on and just stayed on.

Comment

New Broncos HC Nathaniel Hackett decided on a 4th & 5 with a minute left to go to run down the clock and allow Brandon McManus to attempt a 64-yd FG instead of letting new $250m Russell Wilson try for a 1st down. Bizarre.

Comment

New Broncos HC Nathaniel Hackett decided on a 4th & 5 with a minute left to go to run down the clock and allow Brandon McManus to attempt a 64-yd FG instead of letting new $250m Russell Wilson try for a 1st down. Bizarre.
                              McManus had the distance (on both tries - including the first one when the Seahawks took a timeout), he was just wide left.

Wilson didn't look great though, I agree

Comment

Working...
                              X