That feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That feeling...

When you trade for a player to help with the stretch run and they almost immediately go on the IL.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    When you trade for a player to help with the stretch run and they almost immediately go on the IL.

A Ray?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      A Ray?
      LOL, no. I traded for Tim Anderson who immediately got suspended then injured. THEN in the same league--I dealt for Acuna Jr and now HE is hurt.

I can still trade for someone, I'm just damn scared to...
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Simple answer, GITH - start trading for Dodgers. Either way, you win.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

LOL, no. I traded for Tim Anderson who immediately got suspended then injured. THEN in the same league--I dealt for Acuna Jr and now HE is hurt.

I can still trade for someone, I'm just damn scared to...
          actually Acuna is back active today... am I missing something?

Comment

When you climb within site of first on the back of Nola and Manning pitching gems last week, and then they give up 15 runs in 6.1 innings last night.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              When you climb within site of first on the back of Nola and Manning pitching gems last week, and then they give up 15 runs in 6.1 innings last night.
              regression to the shitty

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                actually Acuna is back active today... am I missing something?
                When I posted this, they were going to hold him out to keep him healthy for the playoffs...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

When I posted this, they were going to hold him out to keep him healthy for the playoffs...
                  in that case, can you post more about players who are injured?

Comment

As You Wish:

Visit ESPN for the 2024 MLB season injury status per team, with details on players that are out, day-to-day, or on the injured reserve.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks for the Acuna HR!!

Comment

I request posts on Verlander, Wheeler, Pressly, Polanco, Alvarez, Robert, and McLanahan, thanks !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Max, I hardly knew ye.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X