Keeper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help

10-team league - 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, etc. 6 pts per QB TD, 4 pts per other TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. We can keep one player with no round attached to them.

I had a down year so my keeper options are - Najee Harris, Eli Mitchell and Joe Burrow (a distant 2nd tier being Rodgers, Tee Higgins and Marquise Brown).

Other keepers around the league - Jonathan Taylor, Austin Ekeler, Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey and 1-2 others TBD.

The safe play is obviously Harris but that seems so boring and at least a little risky in an unkown Steelers offense or do I take the gamble with Mitchell or Burrow in better offenses/potentially higher upsides?
    Najee Harris
    0%
    Eli Mitchell
    0%
    Joe Burrow
    0%
    Other
    0%

It feels like you may be overthinking it. There's nothing attached to keepers, so this is basically your 1st round pick.

In a 1 QB league, you might be laughed out of the room for taking a non-elite QB in the first round. Even Allen or Mahomes are a stretch. (note, you said Flex above, I assume that's WR/RB/TE? Not QB? - if it's QB, then a QB comes into play but still only if elite)

Mitchell isn't particularly close either.

I'm not sure why you think Harris is boring, but he's the only player you have who belongs in the conversation for 1st round. So if you were on the clock in the first round, and you are limited to those options, the only reasonable pick is to keep Harris. If you are desperate to take Mitchell, just pick him up in the 3rd round.

Don't overthink it here. Keep your best player. That's Harris and it is not particularly close.

Comment

This isn't close at all. Najee. The other two aren't even in the neighborhood.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Assumed as much but appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Re-reading and considering the other players listed, Harris is probably the best keeper you could possibly have. Why did you not want to keep him?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Re-reading and considering the other players listed, Harris is probably the best keeper you could possibly have. Why did you not want to keep him?
            After having him on my team and watching him slog for 10-15 carries for 40 yards on more than one occassion and average less than 4 yards per carry for the whole season, he wasn't a very exciting player to own. Safe, yes. I'm also concerned that if his workload goes down (led the league in RB touches I believe last year, is that sustainable?) or his receiving numbers drop (will Trubisky/Pickett check down as much as Big Ben did who couldn't throw it deep anymore?) then he can't get by on just the volume based approach. I personally wouldn't be drafting him otherwise in my other leagues with a first round pick. I know he's considered a safe pick but to me he's more risky than a typical top 5 back which his current ADP is. Will I still keep him, given my other choices, yea, but that doesn't mean it's exciting!

Comment

Working...
            X