Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    Looking to cut one. H+S.

Bard
    SBarlow
    Dominguez
    Duran
    Romano
    I don't follow holds, but they all look pretty similar. If there are any keeper implications that might make a difference
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I don't follow holds, but they all look pretty similar. If there are any keeper implications that might make a difference
      Bard, Dominguez and Duran could be kept in the 10th round, but I'm more likely to go with Tyler Anderson.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5

Comment

Bard seems the obvious cut for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Bard seems the obvious cut for me.
          Why is that? Best handle on the job and most Sv + H outside of Romano doesn't seem like the obvious choice at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Why is that? Best handle on the job and most Sv + H outside of Romano doesn't seem like the obvious choice at all
            I'm guessing fewer opportunities and he's been shaky recently. Duran is the only non-closer, but he's been lights out.

Comment

I'm guessing fewer opportunities and he's been shaky recently. Duran is the only non-closer, but he's been lights out.
              I dont think Bard has been shaky recently. He has a firm grip on that job and he's been fine.

Comment

I dont think Bard has been shaky recently. He has a firm grip on that job and he's been fine.
                Yes, he has a firm hold. So do the others. I'm looking for a better K rate and WHIP from my closers than this, not to mention more than 1 S+H per week.

Bard.JPG

Comment

Yes, he has a firm hold. So do the others. I'm looking for a better K rate and WHIP from my closers than this, not to mention more than 1 S+H per week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1351[/ATTACH]
                  I'd be cautious analyzing relievers like that. You are looking at extremely small sample sizes - 3IP is so small that 1 pitch makes a huge difference in the totals. That's not predictive going forward.

Similarly, the role of a true closer is one that ebbs and flows significantly. Your team wins 3 games in a row by 5 runs, and you never pitch, then you may pitch 3 of the next 4 later on. Looking at it in the lens of a week or a month is not really useful unless you are interested in who has the role, and in this case we already know that for sure due to the contract.

Comment

I'd be cautious analyzing relievers like that. You are looking at extremely small sample sizes - 3IP is so small that 1 pitch makes a huge difference in the totals. That's not predictive going forward.

Similarly, the role of a true closer is one that ebbs and flows significantly. Your team wins 3 games in a row by 5 runs, and you never pitch, then you may pitch 3 of the next 4 later on. Looking at it in the lens of a week or a month is not really useful unless you are interested in who has the role, and in this case we already know that for sure due to the contract.
                    Fair points. I did say ROS. So, who are you voting off the island?

Comment

Fair points. I did say ROS. So, who are you voting off the island?
                      They are all very similar. If you have some coins I'd flip them.

Maybe Bard since you seem to have already chosen him - that's a fine answer, they are all very close.

Comment

Working...
                      X