Biggest Disappointments of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Yup, he was very disappointing relative to his draft capital, but other highly touted shortstops have been much worse.
    Have they been mentioned yet? Baez has, Story hasn't. Who else?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Wander Franco. I owned multiple shares and expected 400-500 AB and 20-20 as the floor.
      I don't mean to be a downer, but that should have been considered Franco's ceiling, especially for steals.
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
        I don't mean to be a downer, but that should have been considered Franco's ceiling, especially for steals.
        Yup, this is why I have 0 shares. Price was sky high, realistic fantasy value was good but not elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
          Fair enough. I traded him for Alcantara+ in a keep forever.

Comment

Kyle Lewis

Comment

How bout Whit Merrifield? He was at worst a 3rd rd pick in most mixed leagues, and is on pace for half as many SBs as last season, to go along with a .239/.289 batting line and a possible career-worst total in Runs. He's so bad he was just released in RJEL

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Kyle Lewis
                In 12 team AL only, I dropped a $5 Lewis before the auction, and felt a bit stupid when he went for $19. Feeling less stupid now (although I still bungled that team badly).
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

How bout Whit Merrifield? He was at worst a 3rd rd pick in most mixed leagues, and is on pace for half as many SBs as last season, to go along with a .239/.289 batting line and a possible career-worst total in Runs. He's so bad he was just released in RJEL
                  Yep. He was a top 4 keeper for me and I dropped him last week. We were warned this was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Yep. He was a top 4 keeper for me and I dropped him last week. We were warned this was coming.
                    Wow, he definitely has played well below expectations but it doesn't feel like he should be dropped unless you are in a really shallow league - how many teams? Are there other players with 16 SB just sitting on the wire?

Comment

Wow, he definitely has played well below expectations but it doesn't feel like he should be dropped unless you are in a really shallow league - how many teams? Are there other players with 16 SB just sitting on the wire?
                      He was also dropped in the ultra deep 18-tm RJEL last week. I'm guessing in some deep leagues, his salary cap cost wasn't worth the sub-par production.

Comment

He was also dropped in the ultra deep 18-tm RJEL last week. I'm guessing in some deep leagues, his salary cap cost wasn't worth the sub-par production.
                        Seems like a bad drop to me.

Comment

Well he got snapped up and had 5 bids on him, so you're probably right.

Still a disappointment though.

Comment

Still a disappointment though.
                            Certainly

Comment

I'm not sure it is. Merrifield has only played 6 or 7 of the last 10 games, I think. He had a very high salary and dropping him will give the team more roster flexibility. Plus the team is pretty locked in to a SB slot, so Merrifield's speed was not particularly useful. He's not great in the other categories, so I think it was probably the right move.
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I'm not sure it is. Merrifield has only played 6 or 7 of the last 10 games, I think. He had a very high salary and dropping him will give the team more roster flexibility. Plus the team is pretty locked in to a SB slot, so Merrifield's speed was not particularly useful. He's not great in the other categories, so I think it was probably the right move.
                                He looks so pretty on my roster...
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X