Soto A Padre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    If the Padres trade Myers, they'll be down to a one man bench (not including pitchers) for game 2 of the double header. If Nola goes as well, they only have 9 position players for the second game
    Don't worry, Soto will run out of the dugout 5 minutes before game time
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Don't worry, Soto will run out of the dugout 5 minutes before game time
      actually wondering what will be Soto's first game since I am in driving distance and would consider going tomorrow or Thursday
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

actually wondering what will be Soto's first game since I am in driving distance and would consider going tomorrow or Thursday
        The announcers for todays game are speculating tomorrow.

If I were to see a game, I'd wait till this weekend if possible when the Padres play the Dodgers...
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The announcers for todays game are speculating tomorrow.

If I were to see a game, I'd wait till this weekend if possible when the Padres play the Dodgers...
          Thanks, Saturday might be possible, but I thought it would be cool to see his first game as a Padre
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Wow! Boston is taking Hosmer.
            What's the scoop on Jay Groome?
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What's the scoop on Jay Groome?
              Here ya go: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/red-sox-...sing-prospect/

Comment

Thanks, Saturday might be possible, but I thought it would be cool to see his first game as a Padre
                plus I'd get to see Daniel Bard pick up a save : )
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

plus I'd get to see Daniel Bard pick up a save : )
                  You have 2 more years for that...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    TY man now I remember that guy, 2016 1st rounder lotto ticket--more than I thought they'd get for Hosmer.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

TY man now I remember that guy, 2016 1st rounder lotto ticket--more than I thought they'd get for Hosmer.
                      Is Groome better than the 2 prospects they gave up? How much salary did they eat

Comment

And the Nationals are giving Abrams the Luis Garcia treatment - he has been optioned to AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Padres just traded for Brandon Drury. Would love someone to decipher where he fits on the SD team.
                          Maybe Grisham starts sitting against lefties and Drury starts....as well as filling a utility role ?
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Is Groome better than the 2 prospects they gave up? How much salary did they eat
                            Ferguson and Rosier are young guys (high A) #11 and #26 in organizational rankings. Groome is closer, but also ranked #11 so who knows. I have to imagine the Padres will pick up pretty much all of Hosmer's salary--anything Boston covers will be nice, but I'd be surprised.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                            X