Soto A Padre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Evidence? All I can give you is anecdotal gleaned from my 40 years as a Padre fan. Padre fans, right or wrong, expect every player in the uniform to strive to be as loved and produce as exceptionally as Tony Gwynn. He is the beginning, middle and end of expectations. They'll tolerate those who aren't great payers if they're great people/teammates/community members. They'll tolerate (less so) those who don't embrace the town, but put up numbers. Again, it's not rational, but it's the way it's been. I would do a deep dig into Padre Players Past to illustrate my beliefs, but I'd rather you just take my word for it.

I hope Hosmer finds happiness and success, but I'm glad he's gone.
    Got it - anecdotal - that points to the niche I described. If it was actually the sentiment of the fans there would definitely be articles talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Got it - anecdotal - that points to the niche I described. If it was actually the sentiment of the fans there would definitely be articles talking about it.

Heh, it IS the sentiment of the fans. Maybe I used the wrong word--I've gleaned MY perspective of Padre fans opinion of Hosmer from Articles, Padre forums on reddit, Twitter and other SD sites and conversations with other Friar Fans. So yes, anecdotal (am I using the word right?) but there's plenty of anti Hosmer sentiment from Padre fans out there if you're inclined to look. If thousands oi fans is Niche, well then I don't understand that word either.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Heh, it IS the sentiment of the fans. Maybe I used the wrong word--I've gleaned MY perspective of Padre fans opinion of Hosmer from Articles, Padre forums on reddit, Twitter and other SD sites and conversations with other Friar Fans. So yes, anecdotal (am I using the word right?) but there's plenty of anti Hosmer sentiment from Padre fans out there if you're inclined to look. If thousands oi fans is Niche, well then I don't understand that word either.
        OK OK....way better stuff to argue about today fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          There is anecdotal evidence for that sentiment...but perhaps you could provide some links ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Padres just traded for Brandon Drury. Would love someone to decipher where he fits on the SD team.

Comment

You gonna turn this thread around if we don't stop?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Padres just traded for Brandon Drury. Would love someone to decipher where he fits on the SD team.
                For real. He was having a great year, but I'm not sure where he plays every day on the Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  For real. He was having a great year, but I'm not sure where he plays every day on the Pads.
                  They still have almost 90 minutes to trade him
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Contreras is still out there....who else ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Coverage at 2b and the OF Abrams was that guy prior to the trade.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Coverage at 2b and the OF Abrams was that guy prior to the trade.
                        Scuttle is they are still trying to move that huge Myers salary. Drury fits in there.

Comment

SS Victor Acosta headed to the Reds for Drury.

Comment

Scuttle is they are still trying to move that huge Myers salary. Drury fits in there.
                            I believe you're right. I still think Nola/Myers possibly Both will be moved before it's all over.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If the Padres trade Myers, they'll be down to a one man bench (not including pitchers) for game 2 of the double header. If Nola goes as well, they only have 9 position players for the second game

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X