Trade Volpe for McKenzie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Volpe for McKenzie?

Had I not already traded top prospects for Scherzer, Morton, Skubal, and Wood already in my 14 team mixed league, this would be a no brainer, but I have already made the moves I thought I needed to to provide pitching depth, so I am hesitant to make this deal. But it isn't just my pitching depth that brings me to the pen (I have the aforementioned foursome plus Woodruff, Gallen, Giolito, Snell, Kluber, Odorizzi, Kikuchi, and Civale). It is how surprisingly low experts seem to be on McKenize the rest of the season. Fantasy Pros has him ranked 67th among SPs and the Athletic has him 63rd, behind the likes of Brady Singer.

Still, McKenzie is a $5 keeper who I can extend next year, and despite me already have more than enough keepers, he seems like an attractive acquisition. Should I give Volpe for McKenzie despite my pitching depth and despite McKenzie's rest of season projections? Does anyone know why his rest of season rankings are so low despite how well he has pitched to date? I will need to cut Civale eventually as I don't have anyone to bump when he comes off of the IL, so the cut I'd make for McKenzie is probably Kikuchi or Odorizzi. Which one would you suggest?

I dropped McKenzie for Jon Gray a month ago due to his WHIP but I see he's rebounded lately. That said, Volpe is a top prospect and McKenzie doesn't feel like enough, even as a keeper.

But, if you think this helps you to win a title, flags fly forever.

I think I'd drop Odorizzi and bet on Kikuchi after his last start and with that offense behind him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

McKenzie has a lifetime era of 4.01. He is streaky and sometimes dominant. Too risky to trade volpe for him
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
      X