Trade Deadline rumors and deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline rumors and deals

Seems pretty quiet....anyone heard any rumors ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Cardinals are rumored to be in the lead for Soto.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Cardinals are rumored to be in the lead for Soto.
      I thought the word was there was really no "lead", no negotiations, a team just has to meet their (reasonably) very high price or they aren't talking.

Comment

Preller and the Padres are always in the lead for everyone

Until they’re not
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Seattle has a lot of chips to deal, and a GM who's willing to gamble. I can see them going all in, unless they think that Ohtani is a possibility, he'd fit in GREAT in Seattle...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

ive read that when the Red Sox sell, Xander and JDM and Eovaldi are the first to go. Could be quite the shakeup.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Seattle has a lot of chips to deal, and a GM who's willing to gamble. I can see them going all in, unless they think that Ohtani is a possibility, he'd fit in GREAT in Seattle...
              I would love the Padres to acquire Ohtani if possible. For the price of Soto they could get several pieces which upgrade the roster but none as singularly productive as Soto

Either way the Padres are going to blow past the cap so they might as well go all in
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Tigers are likely dealing Barnhart, Grossman and Fulmer. Also Candy, Jimenez and Chafin have been rumored to go. Soto too but I can't see the Tigers dealing him with Fulmer going. Avila says phones haven't been ringing. I wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  The Tigers are likely dealing Barnhart, Grossman and Fulmer. Also Candy, Jimenez and Chafin have been rumored to go. Soto too but I can't see the Tigers dealing him with Fulmer going. Avila says phones haven't been ringing. I wonder why.
                  Happy birthday Pitbull!

Comment

Gore down so Padres taking a hit on Soto sweepstakes.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Happy birthday Pitbull!
                      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        ive read that when the Red Sox sell, Xander and JDM and Eovaldi are the first to go. Could be quite the shakeup.
                        There is some speculation Boston is less likely to clean house since they can still tender a qualifying offer and receive draft pick compensation for their free agents. Yesterday's MLBPA rejection of the International Draft proposal means the qualifying offer system remains intact (for now).
                        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Can anyone explain to me why the Tigers putting Skubal on the trade block makes any sense? He is one of the better young pitcher in baseball under team control for cheap. He won't be a UFA until 2027. Why on earth would the Tigers trade him, or even float the idea that they would? The return they would need to get for it to make any sense exceeds what anyone would give, likely, so all they will end up doing here is letting their star young SP know they they could trade him at any time and that they do not seem to want to build around him.

ETA: I doubt he gets moved, but I think the biggest market for him should be other rebuilders rather than a contender. A proven lefty with ace upside under team control for another 4 plus years is a hell of a get. A contender may be better served getting several more established and reliable pieces with their prospects, but I'd be throwing as many prospects as it would take at the Tigers to get that done if I were a rebuilding team that wanted to win in the new 3-4 years (which isn't, but should be any rebuilding team).

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Can anyone explain to me why the Tigers putting Skubal on the trade block makes any sense? He is one of the better young pitcher in baseball under team control for cheap. He won't be a UFA until 2027. Why on earth would the Tigers trade him, or even float the idea that they would? The return they would need to get for it to make any sense exceeds what anyone would give, likely, so all they will end up doing here is letting their star young SP know they they could trade him at any time and that they do not seem to want to build around him.

ETA: I doubt he gets moved, but I think the biggest market for him should be other rebuilders rather than a contender. A proven lefty with ace upside under team control for another 4 plus years is a hell of a get. A contender may be better served getting several more established and reliable pieces with their prospects, but I'd be throwing as many prospects as it would take at the Tigers to get that done if I were a rebuilding team that wanted to win in the new 3-4 years (which isn't, but should be any rebuilding team).
                            It is misleading that the Tigers stated Skubal is on the trading block. Avila was reported to say everybody is on the block but never said specifically Skubal. Rosenthal from the Athletic then stated that Avila is willing to trade Skubal. I very much doubt Avila would trade him given Avila track record. The Tigers will listen to whatever deals are available for a number of players and likely will deal Fulmer.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              It is misleading that the Tigers stated Skubal is on the trading block. Avila was reported to say everybody is on the block but never said specifically Skubal. Rosenthal from the Athletic then stated that Avila is willing to trade Skubal. I very much doubt Avila would trade him given Avila track record. The Tigers will listen to whatever deals are available for a number of players and likely will deal Fulmer.
                              You pointed out earlier just how horrid that Avila trade track record is, so given that, I wouldn't put anything past him, but I agree it would not make any sense and so it seems highly unlikely to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X