Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline rumors and deals

Trade Deadline rumors and deals

Seems pretty quiet....anyone heard any rumors ?

Hall of Famer
    Cardinals are rumored to be in the lead for Soto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Cardinals are rumored to be in the lead for Soto.
    I thought the word was there was really no "lead", no negotiations, a team just has to meet their (reasonably) very high price or they aren't talking.

Preller and the Padres are always in the lead for everyone

Until they’re not
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Seattle has a lot of chips to deal, and a GM who's willing to gamble. I can see them going all in, unless they think that Ohtani is a possibility, he'd fit in GREAT in Seattle...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

ive read that when the Red Sox sell, Xander and JDM and Eovaldi are the first to go. Could be quite the shakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    Seattle has a lot of chips to deal, and a GM who's willing to gamble. I can see them going all in, unless they think that Ohtani is a possibility, he'd fit in GREAT in Seattle...
    I would love the Padres to acquire Ohtani if possible. For the price of Soto they could get several pieces which upgrade the roster but none as singularly productive as Soto

Either way the Padres are going to blow past the cap so they might as well go all in
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    The Tigers are likely dealing Barnhart, Grossman and Fulmer. Also Candy, Jimenez and Chafin have been rumored to go. Soto too but I can't see the Tigers dealing him with Fulmer going. Avila says phones haven't been ringing. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    The Tigers are likely dealing Barnhart, Grossman and Fulmer. Also Candy, Jimenez and Chafin have been rumored to go. Soto too but I can't see the Tigers dealing him with Fulmer going. Avila says phones haven't been ringing. I wonder why.
    Happy birthday Pitbull!

Triple-A
    Gore down so Padres taking a hit on Soto sweepstakes.