Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags fly forever - trade thoughts?

12 team mixed 5x5 w/ standard categories

I'm in 2nd floating about 5-6 points behind the leader. I'm also in 2nd in nearly every hitting category. Could use a pitching bump, as I'm in 4th-5th in pretty much every category with a BIG CAVEAT: the most ground I can gain is in saves, but can gain 1-2 points in each of Ks, Wins, and WHIP

I get:
    Brandon Woodruff (expiring contract)

I give:
    Nolan Gorman $1 (bumps to $5 through 2024)
    1st round minors pick (pretty valuable due to $1/$5 structure when called up)

I'd prefer to trade for an elite closer but as luck would have it, they're pretty much all on the contending teams. I got outbid for Hader, which hurts now more in retrospect. You guys like this trade for me?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

I wouldn't.

Woodruff has had injury issues this year and can't be counted on to be 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      12 team mixed 5x5 w/ standard categories

I'm in 2nd floating about 5-6 points behind the leader. I'm also in 2nd in nearly every hitting category. Could use a pitching bump, as I'm in 4th-5th in pretty much every category with a BIG CAVEAT: the most ground I can gain is in saves, but can gain 1-2 points in each of Ks, Wins, and WHIP

I get:
      Brandon Woodruff (expiring contract)

I give:
      Nolan Gorman $1 (bumps to $5 through 2024)
      1st round minors pick (pretty valuable due to $1/$5 structure when called up)

I'd prefer to trade for an elite closer but as luck would have it, they're pretty much all on the contending teams. I got outbid for Hader, which hurts now more in retrospect. You guys like this trade for me?
      I hate giving up multiple years of young talent for an expiring contract. Throwing in a first round pick makes it even tougher. I'd only do it if your squad looks weak for next year and you think this deal will get you the win.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I'd only do it if your squad looks weak for next year
        Not quite as strong as this year - let's call it an average set of keepers (with a couple absolute gems like a $5 Kyle Tucker and a $1 Julio Rodriguez).

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        and you think this deal will get you the win.
        There's the rub. I can claw a few points here and there on the pitching side but best case scenario I gain about exactly the five points I'm behind right now. Potential gains: 1 pt. in Ks, 1 pt. wins, 3 pts. WHIP. ERA is extremely tight but I'm ahead of the pack of 5 owners sitting in 4th, would be a tough pull to get the .2 to climb up to 3rd and .3 to get to 2nd. Saves are where I can gain the most and I've been trying to start 3 closers. I'm in 7th in saves but only 4 behind 4th and 10 behind 2nd.

Edit: His first offer was truly one for the ages, lmao. He put Woodruff on the block and I started poking around and suggested a trade for my 1st and a lesser keeper. He countered with Woodruff for $1 Gorman, rookie Brett Baty, rookie Tristan Casas and my 1st and suggested that he had an equivalent offer on the table from someone else. Of course I told him that he'd do well to just take that other trade and rejected him. He then came back with just Gorman and the 1st.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Not quite as strong as this year - let's call it an average set of keepers (with a couple absolute gems like a $5 Kyle Tucker and a $1 Julio Rodriguez).

There's the rub. I can claw a few points here and there on the pitching side but best case scenario I gain about exactly the five points I'm behind right now. Potential gains: 1 pt. in Ks, 1 pt. wins, 3 pts. WHIP. ERA is extremely tight but I'm ahead of the pack of 5 owners sitting in 4th, would be a tough pull to get the .2 to climb up to 3rd and .3 to get to 2nd. Saves are where I can gain the most and I've been trying to start 3 closers. I'm in 7th in saves but only 4 behind 4th and 10 behind 2nd.
          that is a tough decision...if you can make another deal as well to push you over the top I'd be more likely to recommend it. At the same time, if it gives you a 50/50 shot at winning it might be worth it. Chances to win it all are probably worth it....maybe see if you can keep the draft pick ?

EDIT: Gorman should be more than enough without the draft pick. Unless you think your opponent is going to make a huge offer and crush your chances I would pass and offer just Gorman
          Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 07-22-2022, 08:24 PM.
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Appreciate the help, gents.

Comment

I would ask for a smidge more. One more useful part that is expendable to him.

Comment

Well, the dude did pull off a way better trade. Noelvi Marte, Michael Busch, and a 1st for Woodruff.

Comment

For what it may be worth, I was moved to make a couple of deals last summer. Neither worked. I won the championship anyway but my preseason stash was depleted.

Flags fly forever but there are no guarantees.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                  X