Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Mid-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    That's helpful, thanks.

Do you have any information on why he strikes out so much? Some things are more fixable than others.
    BA's report says he approaches every AB like he can hit everything. That probably wont work against advanced pitchers so he'll have to adjust at some point.

His promotion to AA intrigues me. How he does will tell me how to handle his rights this winter.
    I wouldnt put too much stock on how he does in 1.5 months in his first shot at AA. He's only 20 y/o.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

I wouldnt put too much stock on how he does in 1.5 months in his first shot at AA. He's only 20 y/o.
      Unless he’s AMAZING, in which case he’s the next Soto, Trout, etc. combined.

Signed,
      Elly owner

Comment

rhd, what are your thoughts on Khalil Watson? Compared to House, McLain and Lawlar?

And Espino, Kyle Harrison, Cavali for 2023?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
          rhd, what are your thoughts on Khalil Watson? Compared to House, McLain and Lawlar?

And Espino, Kyle Harrison, Cavali for 2023?
          Thatnx for the response, DJRadar.

Kahlil Watson's prospect stock is dropping faster than practically any other top prospect. He's having a pretty bad year, not hitting much, not walking and striking out a ton. In addition, BA says h is arm is erratic and he gets agitated when ball-strike calls dont go his way. Not what you want to see in a young player. BA removed him completely from their mid-season Top 100 list and FG does not have him ranked either and currently has him as a 40+ FV, which is not even close to a top prospect grade. OTOH, he still only 19 y/o and has great raw power and raw speed and has plenty of time to work out his problems. I currently have him ranked at #87.

Lawlar and Mayer are much better among the HS SS's that were drafted high that year. House has hit better than Watson and hasnt struck out as much but hasnt walked much either and hasnt really displayed much power so far. McLain has a low BA but is displaying power and speed and has moderately good plate discipline. I have all of these ranked above Watson rt now.

I would think that room will be made in the rotation for Espino, Harrison and Cavalli in 2023. I have Cavalli ranked below the other 2 but you may even see Cavalli this year. He got off to a rough start but is pitching better lately. Espino has been injured for a while this year and even tho I have him ranked above Harrison and even tho Espino is supposed to be back soon, if I'm picking rt now I might pick Harrison over him for 2023 because of the uncertainty w Espino's injury status.

Comment

Rhd, current take on Sal Frelick? He has been seen as a high contact, high floor / lower ceiling guy. Trying to evaluate for 2023 and beyond.

And similar question on Brennen Davis. Tough to evaluate given injury, but is his status unchanged? Way down because of contact concerns?

Comment

Someone not even close to any top 100 list (I can't find him even on top 400 lists) but is doing very well is Pirates prospect Dariel Lopez. He isn't even on most team top 30 lists, but I think that has to change by the end of the year. He is a 20 year old doing very well in high A. He isn't walking as much as you'd want, but he is hitting .290 with an .833 OPS, 19 hr, 6 SB. He is not setting the world on fire, but I am surprised he is not getting any love at all. Any thoughts on him RHD?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Rhd, current take on Sal Frelick? He has been seen as a high contact, high floor / lower ceiling guy. Trying to evaluate for 2023 and beyond.

And similar question on Brennen Davis. Tough to evaluate given injury, but is his status unchanged? Way down because of contact concerns?
                Thanx, as always, for the response, Sharky.

I've always been intrigued by the SB potential of Frelick. He's not tearing up the minors but is solid and is age appropriate for his levels. And he seems to be getting more prospect love from the experts now. MLB has him at #46 and while BA hasnt ranked him yet they did give him an honorable mention on their preseason list. BA says he has double-plus speed, below average power and good contact skills and has a good chance to be at the top of a MLB lineup. I dont know what to make of Davis now. He was having a miserable year and then got hurt. I'm deferring to the experts who still have him in the top half of their top 100 lists. (did you know that he's the son of long-time former NBA player, Reggie Theus? I didnt.)
                Last edited by rhd; 08-15-2022, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Someone not even close to any top 100 list (I can't find him even on top 400 lists) but is doing very well is Pirates prospect Dariel Lopez. He isn't even on most team top 30 lists, but I think that has to change by the end of the year. He is a 20 year old doing very well in high A. He isn't walking as much as you'd want, but he is hitting .290 with an .833 OPS, 19 hr, 6 SB. He is not setting the world on fire, but I am surprised he is not getting any love at all. Any thoughts on him RHD?
                  Thanx for the response, SM.

I already was aware of Lopez but he's farther down my list. There are a lot of guys like him whose stats impress me so I put them on the list somewhere. Neither BA nor MLB have him on their Pirates' top 30 list. FG didnt write him up either but put a 40+ FV grade on him, which is encouraging for a pop-up 20 y/o prospect. Definitely needs to work on his plate discipline. Sorry I cant tell you much about him.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Thanx, as always, for the response, Sharky.

I've always been intrigued by the SB potential of Frelick. He's not tearing up the minors but is solid and is age appropriate for his levels. And he seems to be getting more prospect love from the experts now. MLB has him at #46 and while BA has ranked him yet they did give him an honorable mention on their preseason list. BA says he has double-plus speed, below average power and good contact skills and has a good chance to be at the top of a MLB lineup. I dont know what to make of Davis now. He was having a miserable year and then got hurt. I'm deferring to the experts who still have him in the top half of their top 100 lists. (did you know that he's the son of long-time former NBA player, Reggie Theus? I didnt.)
                    I did not! That’s a fun fact. Also with the trend toward multi-generation talent in mlb these days, that’s a big plus!

Comment

Jackson Chourio is at number 2 on baseball America update and 11 on mlb updates list.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Asa Lacy - what the heck is goin on here? 38 BBs in 27 IP.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Asa Lacy - what the heck is goin on here? 38 BBs in 27 IP.
                          Looks completely broken - he struggled with control last year too. Until evidence of the contrary he looks like a bust at this point.

Comment

It amazes me that Gunnar Henderson can get this close to MLB and still not attract much attention.

I picked him off WW in a keeper league. With September just over a week away, he's only owned in 7% of Yahoo leagues and not on the most acquired list in a 20-team league.
                            Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-22-2022, 09:46 PM.
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

It amazes me that Gunnar Henderson can get this close to MLB and still not attract much attention. I picked him off WW in a keeper league. With September just over a week away, he's only owned in 7% of Yahoo leagues and not on the most acquired list in a 20-team league.
                              Yeah, that's surprising. Congrats. Currently #1 on BA's list.

Comment

22 year old Munetaka Murakami hit his 51st HR last night in Japan. First person to do it in 37 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X