Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Mid-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    22 year old Munetaka Murakami hit his 51st HR last night in Japan. First person to do it in 37 years.
    He'll be on the next list!

Comment

Thanks again for all your work/help on this list. My AL-only is different from many other leagues in that we have no minors list, so any player you keep you want to be fairly sure will get significant PT in the coming year.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        It amazes me that Gunnar Henderson can get this close to MLB and still not attract much attention.

I picked him off WW in a keeper league. With September just over a week away, he's only owned in 7% of Yahoo leagues and not on the most acquired list in a 20-team league.
        Gunner has not taken long to prove the rest of my league idiots. He, Willy Adames, and Justin Turner are basically carrying my All-Star outfield down the stretch.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Gunner has not taken long to prove the rest of my league idiots.
          Was able to land him in a dump deal this year and am feeling great about it.

Comment

Thoughts on Bae?

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
              Thoughts on Bae?
              Right now, he's just off the list at #168. With a good showing in MLB, he could move onto the next list, which I will post just after the season ends. BA's report says he has double-plus speed, good contact skills, questionable defense and projects as a super-utility type. May be worth a flier if you need some cheap SBs.

Comment

rhd, what do you make of all the brewers OF prospects? They seem to be loaded (Chourio, Frelick, Mitchell, Wiemer, Esteury Ruiz, etc). How do you see them at this point? And how do you think it shakes out?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  rhd, what do you make of all the brewers OF prospects? They seem to be loaded (Chourio, Frelick, Mitchell, Wiemer, Esteury Ruiz, etc). How do you see them at this point? And how do you think it shakes out?
                  They also have Hedbert Perez. Impossible to know how it shakes out but noone is going to block Chourio when he's ready. Yelich and Renfroe are their veteran OFers now. Renfroe, as well as McCutchen, are FAs after this year so I cant imagine they'd resign them w all this OF prospect talent. Yelich is signed thru 2028. Mitchell and Ruiz are/have been up in MLB this year, so maybe they'll get a chance to secure a regular spot in the lineup next year. But Frelick and Wiemer probably will be up sometime next year, and they're both considered to be better prospects so they may steal away regular playing time from them. Then Chourio may be ready by 2024. I dont like Mitchell's chances at a regular job long-term so I think he gets moved to the bench when Frelick and Wiemer are ready. Yelich's defense doesnt appear to be very good so perhaps he eventually gets moved to 1B/DH. Frelick I think will be a regular when he's ready. The biggest battle may be between Ruiz and Wiemer for the last starting OF spot. Wiemer is considered the better defender. As much as I'm intrigued by Ruiz' SB potential, Wiemer probably is the better bet to be a regular. I'm going to go w a 2024 OF of Chourio in CF, Frelick in LF, Wiemer in RF, Yelich at 1B w Ruiz and/or Mitchell on the bench.

Comment

Much appreciated as always, rhd.

Comment

I hope you're right on Chourio, but I'm not as confident as you are that he'll start in MLB in 2024. Yes, he was in three levels last year, but while the database was extremely limited, 11 K's in 26 ABs at AA wasn't good. His high A numbers were good, but not great - .252/.317/.488 with a really good ISO. And he's only 18. Possibly a mid-season call-up in '24, but I'm thinking more of the cup of coffee in '24 and then full-time in '25. But I'm hoping you're right, and he's awesome next year and just forces the Brewers to play him soon in '24.

Frelick will be an interesting case. Hard to comp him, but closest I can come up with is Whit Merrifield, but with less power and better OBP skills. I'm hoping he doesn't get the bat knocked out of his hands at the major league level.

I'm pretty sure the Brewers will give Ruiz every chance they can next year to become a regular.

Comment

Interesting take, chance. You’re worried about Frelick having the bat knocked out of his hands but not Ruiz? Have you watched Ruiz bat?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Interesting take, chance. You’re worried about Frelick having the bat knocked out of his hands but not Ruiz? Have you watched Ruiz bat?
                          I have, and you're correct - sorry I wasn't clear. Ruiz's chance will be more driven by the Hader trade, but he definitely carries the same risk.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            I have, and you're correct - sorry I wasn't clear. Ruiz's chance will be more driven by the Hader trade, but he definitely carries the same risk.
                            Does either Frelick or Ruiz start the season on MLB instead of AAA?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              22 year old Munetaka Murakami hit his 51st HR last night in Japan. First person to do it in 37 years.
                              Murakami finished the season w 56 HR, which is the most ever for an Asian-born player in the Japan Leagues, 1 more than Sadaharu Oh's mark of 55 HR in 1964. The only player to hit more than 56 HR in Japan was Wladimir Balentien, who had 60 in 2013. Murakami tied the record for most HR by an Asian-born player in any league, tying Seung-Yeop Lee's mark set in Korea in 2003.

He also won the Central League Triple crown, with 134 RBI and a .318 BA.

Comment

Now that the season is in the books, which players showed the most growth and which players surprised you most this year?

While I'm at it, what was your proudest call?
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X