Buttered Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttered Coffee

So we are watching The Old Man he gets up makes coffee and proceeds to put a pad of butter in it. I say to Mrs. Gregg I have never heard of that. She says it is a thing.

She is right. It is a thing. But it is also a thing that has been around for a very long time.

Do any of you coffee lovers ever do that?

Anyone in the Pen ever heard of this before?

I was going to try it, but you are supposed to use unsalted butter. We are out. Probably not the same if I use the salted kind.

So I guess this means no?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      So I guess this means no?
      A dude in college long ago used some butter when there was no creamer for his coffee. We were a little grossed out. That is all i got
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

never drank coffee. no clue.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          A dude in college long ago used some butter when there was no creamer for his coffee. We were a little grossed out. That is all i got
          So it has been around a long time! Kidding.

Where was he from?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            So it has been around a long time! Kidding.

Where was he from?
            He was Filipino but grew up in the states. He was an interesting dude, so I'm not sure what to attribute it to, I assumed it was "Pat being Pat" as we used to say. I think it was salted butter if that matters, lol. And yes it was quite some time ago ! Almost 10 years, heh heh
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He was Filipino but grew up in the states. He was an interesting dude, so I'm not sure what to attribute it to, I assumed it was "Pat being Pat" as we used to say. I think it was salted butter if that matters, lol. And yes it was quite some time ago ! Almost 10 years, heh heh
              adding a Pat of butter to his coffee, no less
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                never drank coffee. no clue.
                Yup, never acquired a taste for it either. I'm sure I could down those high sugar candy coffee the kids drink these days, but seems like a waste of calories. But unsalted butter doesn't sound that nuts to me--it isn't much different than heavy cream. I don't think it would be better, but could be used in a pinch, I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Yup, never acquired a taste for it either. I'm sure I could down those high sugar candy coffee the kids drink these days, but seems like a waste of calories. But unsalted butter doesn't sound that nuts to me--it isn't much different than heavy cream. I don't think it would be better, but could be used in a pinch, I'd guess.
                  Maybe try it with butter?
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Maybe try it with butter?
                    I knew a kid who used to eat sticks of butter.

Comment

I kinda did that...might explain some stuff, lol
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i never aged into it. it was a grown-up drink when I was a kid, and no one ever told me, "Okay, you're old enough to start drinking coffee now." There was never a ton of peer pressure to start, so I just never did.

Not a huge fan of the smell either, so I probably wasn't going to be a fan even with "permission"
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          i never aged into it. it was a grown-up drink when I was a kid, and no one ever told me, "Okay, you're old enough to start drinking coffee now." There was never a ton of peer pressure to start, so I just never did.

Not a huge fan of the smell either, so I probably wasn't going to be a fan even with "permission"
                          Okay, you're old enough to start drinking coffee now
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Okay, you're old enough to start drinking coffee now
                            No he is not!

Comment

I watched a video about some lady who would take Ambien and get up in the middle of the night, sleepwalk-style, and go downstairs and dip her cigarette butts into a stick of butter and eat them. It was the grossest, most fascinating thing, I tells ya.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                              X