No announcement yet.

Freddy Peralta for Pablo Lopez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Degrom is off the table, but I can get a cheap Skubal. I think Lopez will likely be a safer bet for this year, but the extra year or cheaper price for Skubal is tempting. If this had been an option a few starts ago, I'd have jumped at it. Should I still do it? SKubal looks gassed. Maybe the AS break will recharge him?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Degrom is off the table, but I can get a cheap Skubal. I think Lopez will likely be a safer bet for this year, but the extra year or cheaper price for Skubal is tempting. If this had been an option a few starts ago, I'd have jumped at it. Should I still do it? SKubal looks gassed. Maybe the AS break will recharge him?
      I dunno about Skubal. His early season success was due to limiting HR, which had been his biggest weakness coming into the season.

How much of his success in limiting HR early this year was due to the "soggy ball"? We've seen several indications that MLB has switched out the soggy ball for a more lively one, with FB distance in particular going up. After starting the year with 2 HR allowed through 10 starts, he's now allowed 4 HR in his last 5 starts, about 1.5/9.

I would stay away right now, unless his recent struggles put his price tag incredibly cheap.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Probably a mistake, but I did the deal. I did get Francisco Alvarez in the deal too. All told, I gave Peralta and Sewald (he decided to turn into an elite closer literally the day I made the Peralta deal) for Skubal and Francisco Alvarez. I usually have a good read on how I did, but not sure how this one pans out.

Comment

You love having Alvarez. That part was well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            You love having Alvarez. That part was well done.
            Yeah, he had been playing locally before the promotion. He has been great, but I am still a little surprised how aggressive the Mets have been with such a young catcher. Quite the contrast to what we typically see with 20 year old catchers. He is four years younger than Adley and could get a cup of coffee this year. I can't think of many catchers who got to triple A at 20.

Comment

Working...
            X