Spencer Strider - A Little Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer Strider - A Little Love

A little lover for Spencer Strider please… nobody talking about him but he’s a beast!

That is all. Thank you for indulging.

68 Ks in 43.2 IP so far. Is that good?

Comment

Reminds me of a RH Ron Guidry.

Comment

He deserves a LOT of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          He deserves a LOT of love.
          He is 15A in our NL only 5x5 12 team keeper. He is also owned by the 1st place team.

I find myself in a position where I will have to make a few moves to have any shot at finishing in the money. If the main offer is refused I will have to go into a rebuild mode. I did no consider Strider a target for that until reading this post.

So now I ask at $15 how hard would you press to get him. Expiring Mookie Betts hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            He is 15A in our NL only 5x5 12 team keeper. He is also owned by the 1st place team.

I find myself in a position where I will have to make a few moves to have any shot at finishing in the money. If the main offer is refused I will have to go into a rebuild mode. I did no consider Strider a target for that until reading this post.

So now I ask at $15 how hard would you press to get him. Expiring Mookie Betts hard?
            I really don't know why a first place team would consider trading him unless they have an embarrassment of riches at SP and have a big need somewhere else.

In the event they are willing, I would expect either a huge cost or you get lucky by happening to have that missing ingredient they need badly.

And now a cautionary note from rotoworld today that he's never thrown more than 94 innings before so the second half may see a reduced workload.

In any event a great target for the longer term and the immediate near term.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              I really don't know why a first place team would consider trading him unless they have an embarrassment of riches at SP and have a big need somewhere else.

In the event they are willing, I would expect either a huge cost or you get lucky by happening to have that missing ingredient they need badly.

And now a cautionary note from rotoworld today that he's never thrown more than 94 innings before so the second half may see a reduced workload.

In any event a great target for the longer term and the immediate near term.
              He only has a 1.5 point lead. The second place team can make up more ground on offense. He probably does not want me to trade Mookie to him (2nd). Plus he can pick up some points on offense himself.

I have an offer that would net me expired Harper then I would be out on Strider anyway. I expect to hear about that tonight.

Comment

I would caution you to target a pitcher for a rebuild. Pitchers get hurt and can be ineffective. Would target a safer bat even at the cost of some upside

Comment

I love strider but Strider at 15 even in an only doesnt seem like the kind of keeper you target on a rebuild. There must be promising SP on a contract from 1-5 bucks (or not).

Comment

Originally posted by ssmallz View Post
                    I would caution you to target a pitcher for a rebuild. Pitchers get hurt and can be ineffective. Would target a safer bat even at the cost of some upside
                    This has been my way of rebuilding most of my 35 year fantasy career.

I do not see a lot of good offensive rebuild targets, much less ones that would be traded. On top of that there has been a bit of a shift in our leagues where pitching prices have gone and are going up. Seems like every year we set a new record for cost of the top pitchers. i have found a need to get some good low cost pitching to improve my auction position. Especially if there are going to be a lot of offense back in the auction. Let others chase the arms.

I have not decided to rebuild yet. But I have looked over offense targets in the event that I do. This post caught my eye.

Knee Jerk reaction I have a tendency to think like what Pauly wrote. Strider seems a little high, but I would have him at 2 more years (without raises). If he continues like he is going now that would be a bargain.
                    I will have to do a deeper dive on pitching. At first blush not much there. Kyle Wright 5A is currently the best/cheapest. Also not the kind I want to chase for a rebuild.

I appreciate everybody's thoughts and comments as it gives me food for thought.
                    Last edited by Gregg; 06-16-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Knee Jerk reaction I have a tendency to think like what Pauly wrote. Strider seems a little high, but I would have him at 2 more years (without raises). If he continues like he is going now that would be a bargain.
                      I will have to do a deeper dive on pitching. At first blush not much there. Verlander at buck is currently the best. Also not the kind I want to chase for a rebuild.
                      Am I crazy? I thought you said this was NL only. But if you are considering trading an expiring guy like Mookie, you better be getting the best keeper pitcher in the league price+longevity. I doubt that's strider, but I guess it's possible. A mixed eample would be McLanahan or Manoah, both of whom would be likely cheap and long-term keepable. In an NL, not as clear, but Sandy or maybe you have to go down to a Hunter Greene type.

In ANY CASE, you should be getting a massive haul for Betts!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Am I crazy? I thought you said this was NL only. But if you are considering trading an expiring guy like Mookie, you better be getting the best keeper pitcher in the league price+longevity. I doubt that's strider, but I guess it's possible. A mixed eample would be McLanahan or Manoah, both of whom would be likely cheap and long-term keepable. In an NL, not as clear, but Sandy or maybe you have to go down to a Hunter Greene type.

In ANY CASE, you should be getting a massive haul for Betts!
                        It is NL only I have no idea why I typed Verlander (fixed to Kyle Wright 5a). Not a clear cut winner.

McClanahan in our AL league is 10B so he needs a raise after this year. He is on the first place team as well. That owner wanted Ohtani and done straight up for him. I told him no.

One of our other issues is that prospects cannot be traded until after the All Star break. So there can be no sweetner in early deals. But we can get a bit main player if we do it early.

If all of you who were kind enough to respond said by all means go get Strider. I would go against my thoughts and give it a shot. Left to my own self I would not make that deal. But hey it is fun to chat baseball right?

Comment

I love Strider and started this thread. But Gregg, you go Wright 5A all day over $15 Strider. Wright was a top draft pick who is figuring it all out now. Strider is out of nowhere and costs more. It’s not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            I love Strider and started this thread. But Gregg, you go Wright 5A all day over $15 Strider. Wright was a top draft pick who is figuring it all out now. Strider is out of nowhere and costs more. It’s not even close.
                            I'd personally take Strider $15 over Wright $5. But I'm probably an outlier here.

The >10% difference in K% does it for me. That's an exponential curve upwards in my opinion, not flat.

Comment

McClanahan in our AL league is 10B so he needs a raise after this year. He is on the first place team as well. That owner wanted Ohtani and done straight up for him. I told him no.
                              You are rebuilding? A $10 McClanahan is a huge piece. I would have done that deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X