Kelenic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelenic?

One of the guys in contention is offering up his 10B Kelenic.

This is an AL only 5x5 keeper 12 team $260 budget OBP instead of ave.

Given his strikeout rate, demotion (I know he is heating up) and B contract (need to give raise $5 per year next year) I am wondering how good a target he is for rebuilding. Would you give a year or two?

He would cost $15 next year? Hard to say. He seems risky at that price. Would the owner take a low ball offer?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      He would cost $15 next year? Hard to say. He seems risky at that price. Would the owner take a low ball offer?
      No. He was looking for Gerrit Cole $53B straight up. I declined.

Kelenic would be $15 next year and the year after.

Comment

At this point it seems there is little, if any value in the Kelenic contract going forward.

You should be able to land something a lot more interesting and dependable for Cole.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          No. He was looking for Gerrit Cole $53B straight up. I declined.

Kelenic would be $15 next year and the year after.
          The owner isn't anywhere near close to landing Cole plus he has over evaluated Kelenic worth. Tell him that and you are shopping elsewhere. I doubt anybody else in the league will deal for Kelenic unless he drops the price.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            At this point it seems there is little, if any value in the Kelenic contract going forward.

You should be able to land something a lot more interesting and dependable for Cole.
            Agreed. That is why I did not post the offer. I declined. But that does not mean Kelenic doesn't have value.

I am hoping to get ideas on how the pen values Kelenic going forward. What is is ceiling? I would be looking to make a fair offer if the pen thought higher of him than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              The owner isn't anywhere near close to landing Cole plus he has over evaluated Kelenic worth. Tell him that and you are shopping elsewhere. I doubt anybody else in the league will deal for Kelenic unless he drops the price.
              I was not shopping Cole. He came to me. I think he is believing that Cole is not a keeper at his salary. He forgets I kept him from last year. He is also overvaluing Kelenic. He is expecting that my rebuild will commence sooner rather than later.

Comment

I like Kelenic and think he will rebound -- one day. Is that day coming this year? Hard to say. He's crushing AAA pitching, but we all have seen his MLB act.

No way would I part with Cole for him now. Who else does he have to sweeten this offer?

Comment

Agreed. That is why I did not post the offer. I declined. But that does not mean Kelenic doesn't have value.

I am hoping to get ideas on how the pen values Kelenic going forward. What is is ceiling? I would be looking to make a fair offer if the pen thought higher of him than I do.
                  My first comment was that I don't see much if any value in his current contract. His ceiling is higher than $15 but chances appear remote that he hits it anytime soon. Let's say ceiling is $25 in the next couple of years with a 20% chance; complete bust of $0 at 20%, and a 60% chance of say $12. So, somewhere around $10 - $12 would be his expected worth for me.
                  Last edited by harmon; 05-31-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

His ceiling is risky and you have to get him a raise next season. He could exceed it or continue to struggle. How many time have you seen guys tear it up in AAA and come up and struggle. He is only 22 so maybe he might. The other owner to move Kelenic at his price for what he wants must include more in the trade. Basically his price tag is a turn off as a keeper. If he want Cole then what else does he have? Or do you have somebody else you can move?

Comment

I don't see a lot of value in a 10 dollar kelenic on an expiring contract. If your team is in rebuild mode he is worth a shot, but don't give up too much to get him
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I don't see a lot of value in a 10 dollar kelenic on an expiring contract. If your team is in rebuild mode he is worth a shot, but don't give up too much to get him
                        12 team AL league makes him more valuable....but still very risky and a reasonable chance he shouldnt be kept at that price
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Pass.

Comment

Working...
                          X