I could use some help evaluating an NL trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some help evaluating an NL trade

I received an offer in an NL 10 team 5x5 league of Edman for my Arenado. My initial inclination was to dismiss it out of hand but I am not sure it doesn’t make sense. Background: I am second in HR and 1st in RBI. I am 7th in runs and 8th in SBs. For HR/RBI I have Harper, Schwindel, Votto, Alonso, Blackman, Ozuna and Yepez. I also have Myers, Yadiel Hernandez and Stephenson to pitch in FWIW.

For SBs Villar and Jace Peterson and whatever SBs I get from my power crew. I think runs and BA favor the Edman side of the deal but the real essence is power for speed. I could very much use some input as I have blinders when it comes to giving up a player of Arenado’s quality.

Wild card in the evaluation is Edman salary is $5F and Arenado is $25A. Arenado is a marginal keeper and Edman is non keepable as a final year player. On the other hand, we have an in season cap so the salary could be relevant down the road. I also have issues with roster flexibility which can be mitigated to some degree.

​​​​​​​thoughts please.

Here’s my question for you: if Edman slows down and ends up similar to where he was last season (.262, 11 HR, 30 SB), would you feel like you got jobbed or would you be OK with the deal?

Comment

30 SBs are fine

Comment

It looks like you have enough power, and Edman’s 30+ SB potential would help you a lot more. So on paper it seems to lean Arenado, but Edman could help you much more in reality. Plus, Edman’s in the midst of a potentially huge campaign.

I think I’d do it.

Comment

I agree. Edman should really help you in SB. And Arenado is a great fielder, but his non Coors stats are mortal not immortal.

Comment

I agree--Edman makes the most sense for YOU.
            Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
            X