Closer Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closer Speculation

Diego Castillo and Matt Barnes both available via FAAB in AL 5x5. Would you bid / speculate on either?
    I currently own Andres Munoz and Hansel Robles - if that matters at all.

The Red Sox have to do something with the back end of their pen. Nothing has worked. Could they go back to Barnes? I dunno, he's been the worst one in there.

Comment

I got Strahm last night for that reason. Have Diekman too but he is sitting on bench. Hard to read Bos bullpen as they are a mess.

Comment

This is why some are willing to pony up for one of the top closers pre auction/draft via trade. Or pay the extra at auction.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gregg;426022]This is why some are willing to pony up for one of the top closers pre auction/draft via trade. Or pay the extra at auction.[/QUOTE

This season has been one of the strangest year for closers. My usual strategy is to snag cheap ones but that clearly didn't work this year.

Comment

I have Ken Giles stashed on my reserve roster and he will be back from the IL around mid June. They signed him to be their closer for this year, so I think he will move into the role at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              The Red Sox have to do something with the back end of their pen. Nothing has worked. Could they go back to Barnes? I dunno, he's been the worst one in there.
              Robles got the save last night, and amazingly, he's the first Red Sox pitcher with multiple saves this year.

Comment

Robles got the save last night, and amazingly, he's the first Red Sox pitcher with multiple saves this year.
                They lead the league with 6 different relievers with saves this year. AKA the "Tampa Bay" Trophy

Comment

Looking like Clay Holmes could be a stud. Plus, Chapman just went on the IL with Achilles tendinitis.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                    Looking like Clay Holmes could be a stud. Plus, Chapman just went on the IL with Achilles tendinitis.
                    The real question is, will Chapman get his job back? Not sure, as he's a free agent after the season.

Comment

The real question is, will Chapman get his job back? Not sure, as he's a free agent after the season.
                      His name will carry weight, but his time as the Yankee closer may be coming to an end soon.

Comment

Knebel seems to have increased his leverage again in Philly.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Knebel seems to have increased his leverage again in Philly.
                          Dominguez and Hand weren't available on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                          X