Joining the 'old dad' club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the 'old dad' club

My daughter is turning 15 in July, and my wife is 6 weeks away from delivery date for our baby boy.

In the last 15 years I've slowed down a lot, largely wear and tear from landscaping. Turning 40 in December, I can relate to what Nelson Cruz must be feeling right about now (like Father Time is sitting on my stomach with a giant loogie hanging an inch from my face). I hope I can keep up.

But for all that I've lost physically, I feel much better prepared mentally than the first time around.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Wow, congratulations! Exciting times.

My kids are 8 and 10. I think we are done, but we had a conversation last night about, do we want another one? I think the answer is still no.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      My daughter is turning 15 in July, and my wife is 6 weeks away from delivery date for our baby boy.

In the last 15 years I've slowed down a lot, largely wear and tear from landscaping. Turning 40 in December, I can relate to what Nelson Cruz must be feeling right about now (like Father Time is sitting on my stomach with a giant loogie hanging an inch from my face). I hope I can keep up.

But for all that I've lost physically, I feel much better prepared mentally than the first time around.
      Congrats !
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

congrats man!

Comment

Happy for you two Jesse...it'll be great.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Congrats! I was nearly 41 when my second was born. He is 4.5 now. He and my 7 year old are very energetic. I've had to get in better shape to keep up with them, so it has been a good thing for me, other than the fact that both of them were horrible sleepers for years. Overall, I am glad I waited to have kids. There may be some drawbacks down the line, but I am defintely a better father to them than I would have been if I had them 15-20 years earlier.

Comment

Congratulations!
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Thans everyone. For me, the biggest change is going to be attitude.You can't be a miserable cynical asshole and a good parent. So I need to tamp down my natural tendencies.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  You can't be a miserable cynical asshole and a good parent.
                  Says who?

And congrats!

I'm having a tough time getting my head around that you have a 15 year old. I've been hanging around this joint a LONG time!
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Congrats! It will keep you young.

Comment

Working...
                    X