In only leagues - unlimited DL slots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In only leagues - unlimited DL slots?

Do your leagues feature unlimited IL slots? Ours do and I’m wondering if we should change that.

On the one hand, you aren’t forced to drop a player you spent big $$ in at auction. And guys who hit the IL in mlb cannot be acquired during / using FAAB until reactivated but mlb club.

On the other hand, there’s usually nobody left to bid on in the pool of available players. Well not nobody, but slim pickings.

What do you do in your leagues and how well does it work?

Our only league has unlimited IL slots which I like. We also have a starting salary of $260 but a cap of $360. We allow pick ups of free agent IL players but they must stay on your active roster (e.g. you can't pick up someone from the IL and put them on your IL). Yes slim pickings in our league but I like it. I currently have 7 players on the IL

Comment

In both my leagues we have a 17 reserve roster which consist of farm and ML players. There is no IL so you can replace a player by activating him from reserve or FAAB a player. If you win a player using FAAB he must be in your active line-up for that week. I guess it works okay. I'm not a fan of weekly line-ups and prefer daily. FAAB is very slim pickings.

Comment

My only uses unlimited IL. My mixed used 10-15 IL spots, which is basically unlimited.

Nobody should be allowed to add IL players anyway.

Comment

What about trading minor leaguers during the season? Our league doesn’t currently allow it (until they are called up and activated). Many owners would like to allow it, but some worry it will lead to even more exaggerated cycles of contending/dumping. This is already an issue, as very few teams really go for it each year, while most decide to rebuild (far too early imo). The worry apparently is that minor league talent (which may not blossom into mlb stardom) represents yet another reason for teams to dump — and allows even more hoarding of keeper talent by rebuilders. We do allow minor leaguers to be flipped in the offseason, when there are no caps and when teams must whittle down to 7 major league keepers and up to 4 minor leaguers (which is our max at all times).

How do your leagues handle all of this? Can minor leaguers be flipped in-season? What are the implications?

We are also considering going to IP instead of Wins. And potentially SV+Holds instead of SV.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Comment

Working...
          X