No announcement yet.

Trade offer response time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on the wrong side of these this year. Historically I reply quickly, this year I'm not able to. My primary email gets so much junk combined with so many emails on different topics I'm involved in that it's not uncommon that I just miss it. Then it's down to seeing the trade request when I go to the league page, and with ~10 leagues I don't spend much time on any one of them. It's my own fault but I'm definitely bad at this.

Note if someone I know contacts me ANOTHER way - i.e. PM on here or text message or facebook message, etc, then I always respond quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Sure...but if they respond that they have seen the offer at least I know they have seen it. If they go silent after that they are probably not very interested. Which is fine. But if they never respond or take a week I personally find that much more frustrating

EDIT: there is also some level of relationships that play a part. You sent me an a small offer a week ago and I ignored it for a few days (sorry). But i think i usually respond to you pretty quickly so I assumed you knew I had some level of interest in that I didn't reject it, but I also didn't respond so I was mulling it over. And if it was an larger deal I would have responded or if you thought it was important I assumed you would have nudged me. The question is really about the level of engagement owners have in the league I suppose.
      LOL, I wasn't really talking about us--we still have deals from last year sitting in queue!

Edit: the funny thing is, as much as we talk trade (which is often) I don't really think we've made too many deals.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        LOL, I wasn't really talking about us--we still have deals from last year sitting in queue!

Edit: the funny thing is, as much as we talk trade (which is often) I don't really think we've made too many deals.
        we've made a few, but I know I always enjoy just negotiating and talking even if it doesn't lead to a deal.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          we've made a few, but I know I always enjoy just negotiating and talking even if it doesn't lead to a deal.
          Johnny Dickshot likes casual conversation?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            Johnny Dickshot likes casual conversation?
            He does...but be wary, Johnny Dickshot is a loose cannon. He could go off at any time
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I'm on the wrong side of these this year. Historically I reply quickly, this year I'm not able to. My primary email gets so much junk combined with so many emails on different topics I'm involved in that it's not uncommon that I just miss it. Then it's down to seeing the trade request when I go to the league page, and with ~10 leagues I don't spend much time on any one of them. It's my own fault but I'm definitely bad at this.

Note if someone I know contacts me ANOTHER way - i.e. PM on here or text message or facebook message, etc, then I always respond quickly.
              I have a fantasy baseball specific gmail. You should try it bro.

Comment

It's interesting that some RJrs are taking as much time responding to this thread as they do to trade offers...

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have a close friend in one league who sits on trade offers for a couple of days and then will finally respond with "let me see how [your player] does for a few days." Every offer takes a week or more to get to the end result. Not surprisingly, while he's played fantasy baseball for 30+ years, he's still the type of guy who does all of his prep work, likely with a fantasy magazine, a couple of hours before the draft.

And off on a tangent, this same guy always comes up with kooky strategies, both in fantasy baseball and fantasy football. This year's strategy in our redraft league was "skip on starting pitching and draft 6 middling closers." His best SP is Adam Wainwright. Again, not surprisingly, he's in the basement. I offered him a solid starting pitcher for one of his middling closers and his response was, wait for it......"let me see how he does this week." LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    I have a fantasy baseball specific gmail. You should try it bro.
                    That's a good idea to try. I will try to switch over to that. Will all the main fantasy sites let you switch your email address mid season? I don't know if nfbc will, you login with your email.

For your good idea I got you a coffee cup:

Comment

That's a good idea to try. I will try to switch over to that. Will all the main fantasy sites let you switch your email address mid season? I don't know if nfbc will, you login with your email.

For your good idea I got you a coffee cup:

You might have to reach out to Greg or Tom and they will change your email. Not sure, but I did the same changeover a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        You might have to reach out to Greg or Tom and they will change your email. Not sure, but I did the same changeover a few years ago
                        I reached out to their support this morning to try. I've moved over my CBS email along with onroto and fantrax.

I guess nfbc doesnt really matter much, it's not like I'm getting trade requests there

Comment

Mmmmm yeah, that'd be great.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Mmmmm yeah, that'd be great.
                            It took you over a day to reply to that?

Comment

It took you over a day to reply to that?
                              LOL that wasn't meant for you--it was meant for someone else in our league.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

LOL that wasn't meant for you--it was meant for someone else in our league.
                                I know, but irony amuses me anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X