Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade offer response time

Trade offer response time

How quickly do you usually respond to trade offers/discussions ? What do you expect from others ? It varies for me depending on which of my leagues, but curious to hear others input

24 hours both ways.

Edit: If I'm struggling to accept/reject/counter, then it very well might go past a day. But usually within the hour I'll do something.
    Knowing the trading partner is important, like some owners might leave my offers out there for week+. I usually stop sending those types offers.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Usually at least an “I’m thinking about it” within a few hours. If it’s a terrible offer, I will often just leave it out there indefinitely as a message that it’s just not worth my time to even respond.

If you're not interested, as soon as you see it.

If you're somewhat interested, a reply within a few hours that you're pondering it.

If you're planning to accept, also within a couple of hours.

If you're a total dullard and really shouldn't be playing serious fantasy baseball, more than a day.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    If you're not interested, as soon as you see it.

If you're somewhat interested, a reply within a few hours that you're pondering it.

If you're planning to accept, also within a couple of hours.

If you're a total dullard and really shouldn't be playing serious fantasy baseball, more than a day.
    this lines up fairly closely with my thoughts. I frequently respond right away or within a few hours - I always try to always respond within 24 hours, occasionally don't. For yahoo fun league I am much more relaxed and sometimes don't even check on my league for a few days. As far as expectations I always appreciate same day response, kind of expect next day, and get a little frustrated when it goes into 3 days or more...while understanding that people have real lives and sometimes fantasy baseball isn't the top priority.

I respond as soon as I am able, but many in my league do not.

It is annoying to me, but most do not respond at all if they are not interested, and a few that will drag their feet even if they are. We have several guys that if/when their team sucks and selling is the obvious choice, will hold all major assets to close to the trade deadline no matter what kind of offer you make to them earlier than that. Their theory is that it will eventually raise bids and demand as those in the money are desperate to pull ahead. I think if you are in dead last place across the board with a Reds-type team, there is no hurry to dump, but there is no downside to fielding offers. In fact, I think it is wiser to make a good deal earlier rather than later, as assets can get hurt or underperform. The only exception to this is if you have a hurt or underperforming asset that you think will increase in value with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I respond as soon as I am able, but many in my league do not.

It is annoying to me, but most do not respond at all if they are not interested, and a few that will drag their feet even if they are. We have several guys that if/when their team sucks and selling is the obvious choice, will hold all major assets to close to the trade deadline no matter what kind of offer you make to them earlier than that. Their theory is that it will eventually raise bids and demand as those in the money are desperate to pull ahead. I think if you are in dead last place across the board with a Reds-type team, there is no hurry to dump, but there is no downside to fielding offers. In fact, I think it is wiser to make a good deal earlier rather than later, as assets can get hurt or underperform. The only exception to this is if you have a hurt or underperforming asset that you think will increase in value with time.
    When I am in selling mode I always sell as fast as I can. But some people do like to wait

Hall of Famer
    On the hard ones it depends on how long it takes for you guys to give some input.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    On the hard ones it depends on how long it takes for you guys to give some input.
    But you could respond and let the other guy know you have seen the offer and are considering it. And negotiations take time. The original post was really about how long do you take to acknowledge a message or offer

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    But you could respond and let the other guy know you have seen the offer and are considering it. And negotiations take time. The original post was really about how long do you take to acknowledge a message or offer
    I guess an appropriate follow up would be--how long do you give an owner to respond after they say--I'll think about it....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.