Dynasty Soto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    No Insult intended--I offered what I believed to be my best hitter and pitcher for Soto and was just wondering what additional piece would be needed to get the deal done. Soto is indeed the #1 dynasty player, but Betts and Bieber are both in the top 25--Rodon (the pitcher) is indeed ranked lower, but since the beginning of the 2021 season has been one of the best arms in baseball and THE best K/9 arm so I'm probably higher on him than some. I guess I won't be acquiring Soto anytime soon eh?
    i had to look. Betts and Bieber are 15/35 and 18/27 in the two places I checked. So not a bad offer....but trading Soto requires an offer you can't refuse.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      i had to look. Betts and Bieber are 15/35 and 18/27 in the two places I checked. So not a bad offer....but trading Soto requires an offer you can't refuse.
      What are those numbers representing

My first guess was contract $ and expiration year, but I dont see 2035 as a reasonable contract expiration so I'm lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        What are those numbers representing

My first guess was contract $ and expiration year, but I dont see 2035 as a reasonable contract expiration so I'm lost.
        dynasty rankings from a couple websites....I think it was fantasypros and fantraxHQ or whatever they call themselves

so 15th and 35th in one and 18th and 27th in the other
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

dynasty rankings from a couple websites....I think it was fantasypros and fantraxHQ or whatever they call themselves
          18th feels pretty high for Rodon. Are you limiting that to pitchers?

On fantraxHQ it's 15 (Betts) and 101 (Rodon) overall that feels more relevant

Comment

18th feels pretty high for Rodon. Are you limiting that to pitchers?

On fantraxHQ it's 15 (Betts) and 101 (Rodon) overall that feels more relevant
            it was Betts and Beiber....as always, take anything Johnny Dickshot posts with a huge grain of salt
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

it was Betts and Beiber....as always, take anything Johnny Dickshot posts with a huge grain of salt
              Ah gotcha. Bieber is probably closer to 180 than 18 in dynasty value

Comment

Holy jeebus. It went down. Hope either party comes back to mention the unmentionables. Keep in mind, a massive 20 team keep forever with huge rosters. but the #1 dynasty asset was moved. in our other shared league, I offered G Cole and B Harper for Soto yesterday and never even heard an fu, never mind a no thanks, so I pulled offer. But judging what it took to get the deal done, I was not especially close.

As another who cares bit. Last year I traded away my K Tucker, obv not Soto but still a top 10 dynasty asset, for Realmutto (2 catcher league btw), Gausman, Yelich. 3 blue chip top guys. I do not think either side was slam dunk better on that one. This was a much larger return for Soto.

Comment

Bieber, Franmil, Betts, Jasson Dominguez, Jordan Lawlar

Quite a bit better than the offer I got on the other league.

Comment

Bieber, Franmil, Betts, Jasson Dominguez, Jordan Lawlar

Quite a bit better than the offer I got on the other league.
                    We can work it out if I have the assets

I got Soto and his first round pick

But I did give up a lot
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We can work it out if I have the assets

I got Soto and his first round pick

But I did give up a lot
                      As a guy who's got Tatis, I've been mired in the middle of the pack for a couple of years now. I think you may have traded yourself into being partners with me...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        As a guy who's got Tatis, I've been mired in the middle of the pack for a couple of years now. I think you may have traded yourself into being partners with me...
                        I should have accepted your offer for Tatis when you first made it...but yeah, I'll finish close to the bottom this year. who knows--maybe mid pack in 24--will ya wait for me?
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I should have accepted your offer for Tatis when you first made it...but yeah, I'll finish close to the bottom this year. who knows--maybe mid pack in 24--will ya wait for me?
                          I'm not going anywhere, I'm in the great wash of mediocrity. However, the Pods is being delivered today, so shit just got real. Beer on me in Tucson!
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I'm not going anywhere, I'm in the great wash of mediocrity. However, the Pods is being delivered today, so shit just got real. Beer on me in Tucson!
                            Excellent, I just picked up a gig at the WSoP until mid July so our trek won't be until the end of July, but a beer when it's 110 outside sounds great!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                            X