I released an album.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I released an album.

My pandemic project launched a few weeks ago. Never played a live show, but here I am.

All listening options at www.southbank.band . A video for the first single, too. Watch for my cameo.

If anybody cares to hear it I'll share the story, but either way I hope you enjoy.

jefe

Whoa! Awesome!

Comment

Sick.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck. Let's hear the story.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Cool!
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Great work! Reminds me of The Replacements in the best of ways.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                Great work! Reminds me of The Replacements in the best of ways.
                That's a huge compliment, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Congratulations and good luck. Let's hear the story.
                  Well, let's see... for those of you who remember me from dropping in here over the years, I'm a 51-yr-old Design Exec at IBM. Been playing guitar since I was 30. Written a handful of songs over the years. During the pandemic I started taking lessons again and wanted to learn to play and write my own lead parts, so I started playing around in garageband recording songs to play along with.

I discovered that I really enjoyed the editing/arranging/writing thing. I bought a bass and started writing bass lines. I got a keyboard and started playing around with that. I started hiring musicians on Fiverr to play things I can't play (harmonica, fiddle, backup vocals). And I programmed all the drums in Garageband.

I shared a few demos with a friend who's an accomplished musician (frontman of the Deathray Davies, a band I love) who also works as a sound engineer. He offered to re-do all of my drums and work on the mix, and that was that. We collaborated on the rest of the songs, and had a blast doing it. I also got the lead guitarist of the Old 97's to play on two songs (we're old friends).

So for most of the songs, it's me on vocals, acoustic, electric, bass, and keys. John has a few parts here and there too. But that's it. It's been a lot of fun.

Now I'm trying to put together a full band to play live. Fingers crossed.

Comment

very cool stuff!
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                      Well, let's see... for those of you who remember me from dropping in here over the years, I'm a 51-yr-old Design Exec at IBM. Been playing guitar since I was 30. Written a handful of songs over the years. During the pandemic I started taking lessons again and wanted to learn to play and write my own lead parts, so I started playing around in garageband recording songs to play along with.

I discovered that I really enjoyed the editing/arranging/writing thing. I bought a bass and started writing bass lines. I got a keyboard and started playing around with that. I started hiring musicians on Fiverr to play things I can't play (harmonica, fiddle, backup vocals). And I programmed all the drums in Garageband.

I shared a few demos with a friend who's an accomplished musician (frontman of the Deathray Davies, a band I love) who also works as a sound engineer. He offered to re-do all of my drums and work on the mix, and that was that. We collaborated on the rest of the songs, and had a blast doing it. I also got the lead guitarist of the Old 97's to play on two songs (we're old friends).

So for most of the songs, it's me on vocals, acoustic, electric, bass, and keys. John has a few parts here and there too. But that's it. It's been a lot of fun.

Enjoyed the video and song. Best of luck to you moving forward ! Keep us up to date
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Inspiring stuff. So many of us consume content but don't put the work into creating, but you did. It is impressive how much you learned and put together on your own. BTW, who are you in the video--what part are you in?

P.S. Always a good plan to have attractive women stand in for you in a music video .

Comment

Been playing guitar since I was 30. .
                          You must be tired.

(Now off to watch the video)
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

My pandemic project launched a few weeks ago. Never played a live show, but here I am.

All listening options at www.southbank.band . A video for the first single, too. Watch for my cameo.

If anybody cares to hear it I'll share the story, but either way I hope you enjoy.

jefe
                            Awesome! Color me impressed!
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                              Awesome! Color me impressed!
                              What color is that?

Comment

Working...
                              X